Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Daily Article Comments

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 512
Points 8,730
pairunoyd Posted: Wed, Jan 14 2009 9:29 PM

I wish Mises would allow comments to be added under the Daily Articles.

"The best way to bail out the economy is with liberty, not with federal reserve notes." - pairunoyd

"The vision of the Austrian must be greater than the blindness of the sheeple." - pairunoyd

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,255
Points 80,815
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Ugh, no, please no. They're already allowed on the Mises blog, which links to the articles...

Freedom of markets is positively correlated with the degree of evolution in any society...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 512
Points 8,730
pairunoyd replied on Fri, Jan 16 2009 12:13 PM

Jon Irenicus:
Ugh, no, please no. They're already allowed on the Mises blog, which links to the articles...

Ugh? Ugh??? lol Why "ugh"?

After I read an article I would REALLY like to have the opportunity to discuss it or read discussions on it. I absolutely ADORE that option at other sites. Are you "ugh-ing" it because of moderator duties?

I can't see how options to communicate can be bad. At the end of the article you could even ask, Read Comments? instead of automatically showing them.

Heck, I'd like to see commentary within books, via margins, for example. Stick out tongue

"We" must innovate and be on the cutting-edge. Cultivate anarchy.

"The best way to bail out the economy is with liberty, not with federal reserve notes." - pairunoyd

"The vision of the Austrian must be greater than the blindness of the sheeple." - pairunoyd

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,255
Points 80,815
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Yes, "ugh". I'd like to read the article and then go on to the comments, which is how it currently works. It's not as if comments on the articles are disabled. I see no problem with it. All comments on the article do is make the page much longer. I don't moderate the blog, so I'm not sure what that'd have to do with anything.

Freedom of markets is positively correlated with the degree of evolution in any society...

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 512
Points 8,730
pairunoyd replied on Fri, Jan 16 2009 2:14 PM

I never noticed the "Comment on blog" option before you mentioned it. Thanks.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,255
Points 80,815
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Bizarre. Perhaps Jeff should post a link in the article to the comments on the blog? A lot of people seem unaware that you can comment on the blog.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 512
Points 8,730
pairunoyd replied on Sat, Jan 17 2009 8:28 PM

The blog commenting is very unfriendly. You can't reply to specific posts. You have to do it all by hand. Also, you can't reply to particular parts of the Daily Article. You have to open 2 windows and go back and forth and find bits and pieces of the article you wish to reply to. You then have to type out stuff like, Jeff Tucker said, ".

It's a real pain!

I do appreciate being able to reply to the articles though.

If people do notice the "Comment on blog," they may think you simply go to a blog (the author's?) and leave comments, comments that may or may not be in the context of the current article.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 478
Points 9,180

And in addition, the "comment on the blog" font is miniscule.

Austrians do it a priori

Irish Liberty Forum 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 512
Points 8,730
pairunoyd replied on Sun, Jan 18 2009 2:42 PM

try holding Ctrl++ to make it larger and Ctrl+- to make it smaller.

That's, Hold the Control button plus the + sign button. You can tap the + or - sign a few times to keep increasing or decreasing font size on just about any page on the web.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,105
Points 115,240
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

we could open up a forum, {like there is for newbies, and history, etc}, but for blogs. so each time a blog gets posted a forum thread gets opened with a link to the article as a first post?

probably not my best idea.

Where there is no property there is no justice; a proposition as certain as any demonstration in Euclid

Fools! not to see that what they madly desire would be a calamity to them as no hands but their own could bring

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 331
Points 9,905
SystemAdministrator
David V replied on Fri, Jun 19 2009 12:23 AM

pairunoyd:
I wish Mises would allow comments to be added under the Daily Articles.

I think it would be cool if there was a large link at the bottom of the article and the number of comments on it.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Fri, Jun 19 2009 3:03 AM

I like it the way it is now... Embarrassed

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS