Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Good sources for economic news?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 294
Points 6,705
Libertas est Veritas Posted: Fri, Mar 28 2008 4:21 PM

I was wondering what sources you prefer for economic news?

Also, does anyone know a good one that focuses more on European economies?

Drag not your strength from government, but from the voices they abuse.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 849
Points 17,125
Ego replied on Sat, Mar 29 2008 5:44 PM

I love The Economist.

Don't allow leftists to play games with definitions! Some of the libertarian-leaning leftists at this forum will try to redefine "left-wing" back to its original defition (Third Estate, limited government, free-markets, laissez-faire reforms, etc.). Fine! We non-leftists can't stop them from using their own personal definitions; they can use whatever labels they want to describe any concept they want.

However, they have the audacity to then use their personal definition of "left-wing" (remember, the original definition, which is no longer valid) to prove that modern leftists are more libertarian than modern rightists! They will say that libertarianism is "inherently leftist" (again, using the original, no longer valid definition), and use that to insist that we should prefer and side with modern leftists over modern rightists.

Question their motives.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 10
Points 110
manning16 replied on Sat, Mar 29 2008 6:47 PM

I like watching the videos on the FT web site. They have short daily clips, and longer conversations with CEO's. In another forum I mentioned financialsense.com which is good too. I like listening/watching the news rather than reading.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS