Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Austrian School of Economics Is on the Rise

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 35
Points 585
B-man Posted: Sun, Jul 12 2009 11:04 AM

Posting in the newbie forum as this is my first post. Am thoroughly enjoying the forum, gaining knowledge of Lvmi where i have little.

Anyway, saw this on Seeking Alpha this morning:

Austrian School of Economics is on the Rise

The Austrian School of economics is gaining popularity, and followers. Fueling this shift is a belief that Keynesian loose-money policies led our current crisis. While die-hard mainstream economists like Paul Krugman aren’t budging, millions of people are rethinking the role government should play in the economy. Many of them are looking to the Austrian School for answers.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/148262-austrian-school-of-economics-is-on-the-rise?source=email

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,105
Points 115,240
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

I tried to get some meaningful plot from http://www.google.co.uk/trends but failed. can anyone do better?

Where there is no property there is no justice; a proposition as certain as any demonstration in Euclid

Fools! not to see that what they madly desire would be a calamity to them as no hands but their own could bring

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 768
Points 12,035
ladyattis replied on Sun, Jul 12 2009 1:15 PM

In comparison to Objectivism, Austrian Economics seems to have made some rise (and possibly stability?) in the Search Index. Same with Free Talk Live. :3

"The power of liberty going forward is in decentralization.  Not in leaders, but in decentralized activism.  In a market process." -- liberty student

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 5
Points 115
mikeT replied on Thu, Jul 16 2009 12:07 AM

As a student of Economics in the University setting, it's unfortunate to hear so little from the Austrian influence in the classroom. Macroeconomics is pure Keynesian with the only criticism offered coming from the Monetarist. Reading "Man, Economy, and State" was like a breath of fresh air.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS