Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

How do you call a follower of Mises?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 244
Points 5,455
Felipe Posted: Fri, Sep 11 2009 2:19 AM

Im a libertarian but I see that libertarianism may be a much to broad term to define a political position so I would like to call myself a reader of Mises, so how do you call one? misean? misesist?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Misesian.  Mee-zess-ee-an.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 244
Points 5,455
Felipe replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 2:23 AM

Thanks

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 114
Points 2,280

Maybe it is just me, but isn't being called a Misesian just as general as being called a libertarian?

Look at the diversity around here, I've been here for less than a week and I see that people around here hold extremely different viewpoints.

But I enjoy the diversity in both terms, I find the term "libertarian" a very successful term because it unites so many people with different viewpoints for the sole purpose of liberty.

Robbery: The nation's fastest growing career!

Duties: Giving the people their bread and circuses, extracting payment by force, validating legitimacy, etc.

Job Outlook: Ever increasing and shows no signs of stopping!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 282
Points 6,595
nandnor replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 9:58 AM

Libertarian_for_Life:

Maybe it is just me, but isn't being called a Misesian just as general as being called a libertarian?

Look at the diversity around here, I've been here for less than a week and I see that people around here hold extremely different viewpoints.

But I enjoy the diversity in both terms, I find the term "libertarian" a very successful term because it unites so many people with different viewpoints for the sole purpose of liberty.

ANd it has also become a very generic term speaking little of actual principles behind it, in fact most "libertarians" dont see liberty as the prime goal anyway

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS