Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Taking some time off

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,175
Points 17,905
SystemAdministrator
Inquisitor Posted: Fri, Apr 18 2008 5:09 PM

I just wanted to let people know I am taking some time off the forums to concentrate on studying and exams. I'll also probably be absent during the Summer time if I go abroad. I'll still read the forums from time to time and post on the Mises blog (as well as update the reading lists when necessary.) If anyone wants to contact me, do so by PM, as I will check my PMs periodically. Have fun posting. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 849
Points 17,125
Ego replied on Fri, Apr 18 2008 5:14 PM

Good luck with school, Inquisitor!

Don't allow leftists to play games with definitions! Some of the libertarian-leaning leftists at this forum will try to redefine "left-wing" back to its original defition (Third Estate, limited government, free-markets, laissez-faire reforms, etc.). Fine! We non-leftists can't stop them from using their own personal definitions; they can use whatever labels they want to describe any concept they want.

However, they have the audacity to then use their personal definition of "left-wing" (remember, the original definition, which is no longer valid) to prove that modern leftists are more libertarian than modern rightists! They will say that libertarianism is "inherently leftist" (again, using the original, no longer valid definition), and use that to insist that we should prefer and side with modern leftists over modern rightists.

Question their motives.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 849
Points 18,905
JCFolsom replied on Fri, Apr 18 2008 5:21 PM

Surely, we shall all miss arguing with your lavender elf icons (are you a Prince Lotor fan or something [500 points to the one who knows what I'm referring to]). Remember to value what you own, because you really only own the value.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,175
Points 17,905
SystemAdministrator

Hehe I had to google that. No, no idea who he is even. The picture is from FF XIII.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,221
Points 34,050

Indeed, you will be missed good sir.  Your FF avatars always manage to color a forum post :).

"Look at me, I'm quoting another user to show how wrong I think they are, out of arrogance of my own position. Wait, this is my own quote, oh shi-" ~ Nitroadict

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 224
Points 3,785

Good luck man.   

...And nobody has ever taught you how to live out on the street, But now you're gonna have to get used to it...

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS