Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

The Soviet Story

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 62
Points 1,480
yoshimura Posted: Fri, Sep 18 2009 1:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdsa5-jKzy4

The Soviet Story  is a unique first time 
documentary film by director Edvins Snore. 

The film tells the story of the Soviet regime and how the Soviet Union helped Nazi Germany instigate the 
Holocaust. The film shows recently uncovered archive documents revealing this. Interviews with former Soviet Military intelligence officials reveal shocking details. The Soviet Story was filmed over 2 years in Russia, Ukraine, Latvia, Germany, France, UK and Belgium. Material for the documentary was collected by the author, Edvins Snore, for more than 10 years. As a result, The Soviet Story presents a truly unique insight into recent Soviet history, told by people,
once Soviet citizens, who have first-hand knowledge of it

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 244
Points 5,455
Felipe replied on Sat, Sep 19 2009 9:09 PM

Excellent documentary though a bit graphic.

I downloaded my copy from torrent.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,055
Points 41,895

Now we just need the english subtitle version.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 244
Points 5,455
Felipe replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 1:57 AM

It is narrated in english

Not Ranked
Posts 55
Points 795
mhamlin replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 2:19 AM

It is narrated in English, yes, but there are no English subtitles for the interviewees that do not speak English.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,055
Points 41,895

I confess that I had to hold back tears at one point.  The only other time that happened in a movie was Braveheart.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,739
Points 60,635
Marko replied on Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:24 AM

Stopped watching after part 1. What a load of crap. Can not say I expected better from a movie created on the initiative of one Girts Kristovskis.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 21
Points 330

The subtitles are polish.

Even I did not watch the whole film just because the facts are interpreted in just one direction.

Acutally you got some facts wrong. To read about these aspects on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II  would take much less time - and give better results.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS