Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Questions about Money and how Governments resolved economic problems in the past in relation to the money supply.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 35
sju29 posted on Tue, Nov 17 2009 8:01 PM

Hey guys i am currently attending college and my English teacher prompted us to write a research essay on a topic of our choosing. I chose to write about gold and the Federal Reserve System.  I have read many books on this topic but I would love to get some feed back from you all. If you could please answer some of the following questions. How has the U.S. Government dealt with the economic issues in the past? What policies have failed? What are some policies that could make for a better economy? In relation to this subject what policies must our Government adopt in order to secure our money so that it does not fall into the wrong hands? Im anxious to hear from you all. Thank You

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
519 Posts
Points 9,645

The answers to your questions are not short and simple. I suggest you read A History of Money and Banking in the United States by Murray Rothbard. I'm in the process of reading this book now and can already tell you that it will answer most of the questions that you ask.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Male
3,055 Posts
Points 41,895

I wrote a so-called "research paper" for a college class and the English teacher deemed it an "opinion paper".  You essentially can't say anything that isn't a recitation from an outside published source.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS