Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Two Editors in Forum Posting

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
852 Posts
Points 19,800
ViennaSausage posted on Wed, May 12 2010 1:06 PM

Below are screenshots of getting two editors for one post.  One seems like the old editor, and one looks like a new one.  In order to post to a thread, I have to use the top editor, but in order to quote from a previous post, it appears in the lower one.

Browser: Safari Version 4.0.5 (6531.22.7)

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
366 Posts
Points 5,635
yessir replied on Thu, May 13 2010 11:39 AM

same for me very confusing!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,687 Posts
Points 48,995

I only get one editor, and it's the new one (and the quote function doesn't work).

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
852 Posts
Points 19,800

The quote function works on my end, but in a strange way.  It quotes to the old editor, but will not post from the old editor.  I then have to copy and paste from the old editor to the new editor to quote.  

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
67 Posts
Points 1,205

Since I have a Mac I use Safari and get the same issue ViennaSausage is experiencing. I'll add that sometimes the post button doesn't even work and simply re-loads the editor page instead; behaviour which I've noticed since the two editors appeared.

Ludwig von Mises: "We must see conditions as they really are, not as we want them to be."

Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,209 Posts
Points 35,645
Merlin replied on Fri, May 14 2010 1:40 AM

I get two editors only when I post the first time. Then, during all day I have only the new one and quoting doesn’t work. And that only happens with IE, I never found two editors with Opera.

The Regression theorem is a memetic equivalent of the Theory of Evolution. To say that the former precludes the free emergence of fiat currencies makes no more sense that to hold that the latter precludes the natural emergence of multicellular organisms.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS