Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

A Question Concerning Mises University 2010

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 166
Points 2,875
Beefheart Posted: Wed, Jan 20 2010 10:42 PM

I asked this question before in a thread, but I never got an answer. I would really, really like to attend the Mises University this year, but I'm not sure whether or not I am eligible. I am currently a high school student (eleventh grade, seventeen years old), and the web page is sort of vague as to whether or not individuals such as myself are able to attend. I know I have to become a member of the Institute, but outside of that I'm not sure whether or not I qualify. Thanks.

My personal Anarcho-Capitalist flag. The symbol in the center stands for "harmony" and "protection"-- I'm hoping to illustrate the bond between order/justice and anarchy.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,687
Points 48,995

If you apply for a scholarship, you do not have to be a member of the institute.  The university is open to both LvMI members and students, from what I've gathered.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 752
Points 16,735
Sage replied on Wed, Jan 20 2010 10:50 PM

High school students have attended in previous years. And you shouldn't need to become a member.

If you have any questions, send them here.

AnalyticalAnarchism.net - The Positive Political Economy of Anarchism

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Wed, Jan 20 2010 11:37 PM

I am wondering... about the end of the year, i.e Decemberish, are there courses / meetings etc.. taking place at that time? Shedule I can look at anywhere?

I may be dropping into the US. Smile

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 6
Points 75

Conza88:

I am wondering... about the end of the year, i.e Decemberish, are there courses / meetings etc.. taking place at that time? Shedule I can look at anywhere?

I may be dropping into the US. Smile

Keep an eye on this page in the next few months.

http://mises.org/events.aspx

If an event is organized for December it will probably be posted in March or April, as the Institute usually gives several months' notice.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS