Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Sharing Ideas Offline

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 135
Noah Posted: Sat, Aug 21 2010 5:02 PM

The Mises Institute does a great job of sharing ideas. Many of the burning questions I have can be answered by ordering a book or two from the bookstore, and they even have free copies that I can read online during my lunch breaks at work.

My question to the forum is, how do you share ideas outside of the internet? There are real people I come across in my day. Some agree with what I have to say and some disagree. Would you ever consider sharing a pamphlet that give the basic overview of a subject and ends with some links to further resources?

I read a lot and talk a lot but at times people don't really want to sit in on an hour long power point presentation or read a 400 page book. Are the quick and easy ways to 'expose' people to sound economic and liberty related ideas? 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,739
Points 60,635
Marko replied on Sat, Aug 21 2010 5:05 PM

Would you ever consider sharing a pamphlet that give the basic overview of a subject and ends with some links to further resources?

I would not. I am thinking that just because people are real does not mean they are of consequence.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 135
Noah replied on Sat, Aug 21 2010 6:12 PM

I ask the question broadly but I actually do have some specific people in mind. I'm not talking about going door to door and handing out pamphlets, but what would you do if someone had a general interest in economics and or liberty. Short of telling them to 'listen to me for an hour' or 'go read a book', are there any easy entry points to become familiar with some of these heavy theories?

I guess sharing Mises Daily articles helps. Just wondering what other people do or would consider doing. 

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 21
Points 405
John replied on Sun, Aug 22 2010 11:54 AM

At work i'll print out a Mises Daily artical that is composed of the extrapolation of the fundamentals of economics on a subject that others could read and relate to in their own way.... i'll leave the articals out in the open allowing for any glance of another allowing them to detremine whether or not the artical is of particular interest to them.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS