Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Property rights and environmental problems (e.g. toxic dumping, GW &c.)

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
5,255 Posts
Points 80,815
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
Jon Irenicus posted on Wed, Mar 3 2010 11:21 PM

Does anyone know a relatively short, good article form a libertarian POV on this? Doesn't need to be ancap or even hardcore libertarian, just something I can use for a brief ethics presentation.

Freedom of markets is positively correlated with the degree of evolution in any society...

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Male
5,255 Posts
Points 80,815
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Bump, because the L'oreal advert says I'm worth it.

Freedom of markets is positively correlated with the degree of evolution in any society...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,943 Posts
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator

I have a video? (5 parts) Too long in their entirety for you, but Block hits on most of the points... and you could use one part / section of it.

Part 2 , Part 3 , Part 4, Part 5.

There may be something in "The Natural Sciences and the Environment" section... although I think this is probably what you are after:

The Ethics of Freedom and Climate Change - Cool

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
Top 100 Contributor
875 Posts
Points 14,180
xahrx replied on Thu, Mar 4 2010 8:21 AM

http://mises.org/rothbard/lawproperty.pdf

This one is the one I like the best.  There's also a lecture of Rothbard's online dealing with conservation and having the market find the optimal level of pollution, though the name escapes me.  In that lecture he also cites a few articles and books I believe concerning fisheries and public ownership and leasing of forests leading to deforestation.

"I was just in the bathroom getting ready to leave the house, if you must know, and a sudden wave of admiration for the cotton swab came over me." - Anonymous
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS