Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Possible "copyright" "infringement" and Youtube policy

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Male
104 Posts
Points 2,185
demosthenes posted on Thu, Mar 18 2010 5:49 PM

I have a screen recorder, and I want to use it to record a snippet from the latest Max Keiser show on Russia Today's Youtube channel. If I were to do that and upload it to my Youtube channel, would that be cool or not cool? I do see other channels with clips from RT all the time, but I want to make sure. 

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Male
767 Posts
Points 11,240

Your best bet would probably be to ask the holder of the RT YouTube channel...

"I don't believe in ghosts, sermons, or stories about money" - Rooster Cogburn, True Grit.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
2,417 Posts
Points 41,720

demosthenes:

I have a screen recorder, and I want to use it to record a snippet from the latest Max Keiser show on Russia Today's Youtube channel. If I were to do that and upload it to my Youtube channel, would that be cool or not cool? I do see other channels with clips from RT all the time, but I want to make sure. 

I always look for copyright statements in their videos, on their channel page, on their website, etc, in the hopes of finding a 'free to use' or similar statement. You can find out rather quickly what kind of policy people or organizations have chosen. As mentioned: sending them a message or email would be a possible last resort if you can't figure it out yourself.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Male
104 Posts
Points 2,185

Indeed.. guess I'll see what RT says.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Male
104 Posts
Points 2,185

Nielsio:

demosthenes:

I always look for copyright statements in their videos, on their channel page, on their website, etc, in the hopes of finding a 'free to use' or similar statement. You can find out rather quickly what kind of policy people or organizations have chosen. As mentioned: sending them a message or email would be a possible last resort if you can't figure it out yourself.

That's what I was thinking, but I sent a message anyway.  Anyway..

2. Using our material

Information presented on this website is considered public information (unless otherwise noted in material) and may be distributed or copied for non-commercial (personal, educational, research etc.) purposes.

The use of any material from this website and quoting in mass media requires appropriate credit and link to the web page where the information was taken from.

The use of articles from the Russian Press section of the site is prohibited.

Unauthorised attempts to change the information taken or quoted from this website are strictly prohibited

So it's cool.

...I can't believe RT is government funded.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS