Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

What are the point totals all about- I would like to know where people are located

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Male
194 Posts
Points 4,315
Mike posted on Thu, Mar 25 2010 8:07 AM

Hello All,

I am new to forums in general, this one in particular.

I am learning so much from some very smart people – that is good, but I feel dumber by the minute.

how are the points per post determined – word count?? And do these points mean anything?? What do I win Bob??

Also I would love to know where the poster is from as I read – for many reasons – one of which is the possibility someone is close enough to me to meet up with. Hope this is being considered.

Be responsible, ease suffering; spay or neuter your pets.

We must get them to understand that government solutions are the problem!

• | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
2,417 Posts
Points 41,720

You get a point for every kitten that you save. Your total amount is then multiplied based on the inflation rate.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
244 Posts
Points 3,770
MMMark replied on Thu, Mar 25 2010 9:10 AM

Thurs. 10/03/25 10:12 EDT
.post #29

Mike:
Mike:  Welcome, and I don't know how they are determined...but perhaps your "point count" increases by 5 points every time someone clicks on the "Suggest as Answer" link, top right of every post - I'm just guessing.

But we can test this guess.

A reply's "point count" starts out at 5.  Click on the "Suggest as Answer" link of one of the replies, refresh the page, and see if its point count increased to 10.

Top 500 Contributor
244 Posts
Points 3,770
MMMark replied on Thu, Mar 25 2010 9:21 AM

Thurs. 10/03/25 10:23 EDT
.post #30

I noticed that your "post points" increased by 15 (from 20 to 35) after I replied to your post...so perhaps that's what happens.  Try clicking on the "Reply" link of one of these replies, refresh the page, and observe the "post points" change, if any.  I'm replying to your post again, so I expect to see your "post points" increase to 50.

Edit:

And it did!

Top 100 Contributor
Male
871 Posts
Points 15,025
chloe732 replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 12:15 PM

Mike:
I am new to forums in general, this one in particular.
Mike:
how are the points per post determined

Mike, welcome.  I've learned that forum members don't really care about the number of posts or points.  They care about quality, not quantity.  The important thing is to carefully consider your words, and write meaningful posts and replies. 

Mike:
I feel dumber by the minute.

Yes, I too got dumb real quick. 

"The market is a process." - Ludwig von Mises, as related by Israel Kirzner.   "Capital formation is a beautiful thing" - Chloe732.

Top 50 Contributor
1,879 Posts
Points 29,735
Bostwick replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 12:18 PM

You get more points than 5 if people reply to your post.

As you see, you're now up to 80.

Peace

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS