Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Can we go back to simples forum?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
3,739 Posts
Points 60,635
Marko posted on Fri, Apr 23 2010 6:32 AM

Ever since this CK editor thingy barely anything works anymore. Posting has become a huge chore. Preview doesn't work. Quoting can't be done for real. Replying doesn't work in some browsers and I could go on. Down with technology I say! Who is with me?

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Male
867 Posts
Points 17,790

I am inclined to join the luddite revolution, but once this interface has all its glitches scraped out, I believe it could really improve the way we post.

So, give the proper authorities time to meet the demands of the people. I am sure our benevolent leaders are working tirelessly to fix the problem. cheeky

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Male
4,914 Posts
Points 70,630

I'm sure some people are working on the bugs.  I want to raise another problem I found so the honorable computer whizs that make this forum so great yesknow, but they may already know.

When I go to "edit" my profile there is no "Description" toolbar (like the one above seen while in the process of posting).  There used to be when I tried to write in additions to my Bio and Signature.

"Do not put out the fire of the spirit." 1The 5:19
Top 500 Contributor
366 Posts
Points 5,635
yessir replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 8:30 AM

why fix what isn't broken???

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Male
767 Posts
Points 11,240

This is market failure! Call in the Feds! :-P

"I don't believe in ghosts, sermons, or stories about money" - Rooster Cogburn, True Grit.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
282 Posts
Points 6,595

its all microshafts asp server fault. Very unstable, lots of downtime cant handle high traffic, errors, the lot. Its a shame it cant be transfered to something more stable without a ton of work

Top 200 Contributor
377 Posts
Points 7,180
Ansury replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 1:46 PM

Agreed.  My browser (Opera 10.51) doesn't even work anymore with this new JavaScript cursed thing, I had to use a different one just to post this--not cool!

Top 200 Contributor
377 Posts
Points 7,180
Ansury replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 1:52 PM

Wow, it gets worse - my backup browser (Chrome) can't even do a copy/paste.  I hope IE works (ughhhh) or I won't be here much more...

Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE complex JavaScript and the broken nature of anything done in it?  :p

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Male
5,118 Posts
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Something broke when the software was upgraded. Someone is working on it.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Top 25 Contributor
3,739 Posts
Points 60,635
Marko replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 2:40 PM

Browser spellcheck not working is another bad one for me. I can't spell for s*** without it.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS