Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Dr. Paul and Romney will be only 2 choices on VA ballot

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,290
No2statism Posted: Sat, Dec 24 2011 12:26 PM
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,290
No2statism replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 12:27 PM

That's excellent.

I had a question though for anyone familiar with VA or who is from there like me... what part of the State would Romney come closest to Dr. Paul in?

Dr. Paul will have enough support there for him to win regardless, because there is a lot of military in the Hampton Roads area and most republicans where I live couldn't vote for a member of the LDS.

I heard that Perry was out also, so that's why I made the title as I did.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 12:45 PM

I live in Portsmouth and it seems (as far as Republicans go) Paul will end up with more support especially from the younger crowd.  I don't know how Romney will do, maybe some older stubborn Republicans are still holding on to him, but I honestly have not heard his name come up in conversation unless someone's complaining about him.

The Mormon thing could come into play.  Some people just don't like Mormons.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,290

Thanks Bert: )  I definitely agree with you about Portsmouth (him doing well there) and older stubborn Republicans (Dr. Paul not doing well with them).

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 1:12 PM

From here,

"Only a failed system excludes four out of the six major candidates seeking access to the ballot," said Gingrich spokesman R.C. Hammond, referring to the fact that Michele Bachmann, Jon Huntsman and Rick Santorum also won't be on the Virginia ballot.

I'm amused by this statement, as if now it's a failed system because they don't get on the ballot.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 391
Points 6,975

Santorum and Huntsman are still considered candidates?

Why exactly were the others excluded though?

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS