Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Who's Who and Who's What?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 852
Points 19,800
ViennaSausage Posted: Mon, Jun 9 2008 7:52 PM

Out of the following list, which speakers are Austrian?  Who are Chicago, Neo-Classical/Keynesian?

http://www.freedomfest.com/speakers.htm

It seems as though most on the list are some form of libertarian, but the only Austrian that pops up, that I know of is Ron Paul.  I am sure there are a handful more...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 901
Points 15,900

I know that Boaz is a Catoite.  His Libertarianism: A Primer isn't that bad, though.  Actually gives due credit to Mises, Rothbard, and Rand.  Not sure about the rest, although I think they are all neo-classical or Chicago School.

Market anarchist, Linux geek, aspiring Perl hacker, and student of the neo-Aristotelians, the classical individualist anarchists, and the Austrian school.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 852
Points 19,800

Thanks for the response.  I was curious as to how pronounced Austrian Economics was in the libertarian world.  Judging from the blurbs about the speakers, it appears Austrians are still a minority.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,491
Points 43,390
scineram replied on Tue, Jun 10 2008 12:19 PM
If libertarians=leftist individualist anarchist agorists then Austrians might well be a majority.
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS