Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

How Bernake Averted Disaster

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
tommyjefferson Posted: Wed, Aug 18 2010 10:06 AM

David Wessel explains how a nice Jewish boy from small-town America saved us all...

http://fora.tv/2010/05/21/David_Wessel_Meet_Paul_Keating

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,687
Points 22,990
Bogart replied on Wed, Aug 18 2010 10:27 PM

The comment on the video says it all.  You do not save an economy or create wealth by increasing the blips on a computer screen or by printing little green pieces of paper.  What you can do is help friends and relatives while making everyone else a little bit poorer.  Then to make matters worse, the increasing amount of currency goes to those businesses who were deemed to not be producing things consumers desired.  So the consumers acting in the free part of the economy sent their business elsewhere thus putting these companies out of business.  This is what is supposed to happen absent a SAVIOR who diverts real resources to the failures away from the successes and entrepreneurs who can actually grow the economy.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775

tommyjefferson:

David Wessel explains how a nice Jewish boy from small-town America saved us all...

http://fora.tv/2010/05/21/David_Wessel_Meet_Paul_Keating

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I think having a Jewish guy heading the Fed all these years is to make sure a ready fall guy is on the spot when things go bad.

He can't be black, because you can't blame blacks for anything, they are but victims of slavery. And it can't be a woman, because women are always right, unchivalrous to say otherwise. It can't be a WASP, because they're the group we are trying to protect. An Italian would be OK, also. The Mafia did it.

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS