Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Can someone explain this joke to me?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 212
Points 4,330
Aquila Posted: Sun, Aug 22 2010 7:48 PM

http://mises.org/daily/2393

It's at the very end...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,129
Points 16,635
Giant_Joe replied on Sun, Aug 22 2010 8:20 PM

Almost anyone who has heard of Milton Friedman hates him. Usually, they don't know anything about him and have never read anything he's written or heard anything he's said.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 268
Points 5,220

I'v heard a similar joke about Notre Dame....

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you preface everything you say with the phrase 'studies have shown...' people will believe anything you say no matter how ridiculous. Studies have shown this works 87.64% of the time.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 212
Points 4,330
Aquila replied on Sun, Aug 22 2010 8:32 PM

Really? I've seen a pretty even split. Most conservatives and libertarians I've come across respect him at a minimum (though both radical libertarians and neocons disagree with him on a range of issues). Only rabid lefties seem to dismiss him out of hand.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 268
Points 5,220

Friedman is an interesting case:  He was great at pointing out how government interventions in the marketplace(ex minimum wage laws) do more harm than good...but he wanted government to intervene in the market place and control the money supply.....

I personally cant say I HATE him, but I disagree with him on a number of issues....on the other hand I agree with him in a lot of other areas...

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you preface everything you say with the phrase 'studies have shown...' people will believe anything you say no matter how ridiculous. Studies have shown this works 87.64% of the time.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS