Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Conceived in Liberty, vol. 5

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 75
Points 1,275
allixpeeke Posted: Fri, Nov 30 2007 4:19 PM

I know Rothbard never finished the fifth edition, but still, any chance that what he did write will be released?

Yours, Alex Peak “I’m very optimistic about the future of free-market capitalism. I’m not optimistic about the future of stat[ist] capitalism—or rather, I am optimistic, because I think it will eventually come to an end.” – Murray N. Rothbard, “A Future of Peace and Capitalism,” 1973
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 253
Points 4,535
Mark B. replied on Sat, Dec 1 2007 1:56 PM

I would love to have seen a Volume 5 myself.  I read the existing four volumes, found it very edifying.  But I would have been fascinated to see his take on the period of the Articles of Confederation, Constitutional Convention and early Constitutional Republic, circa 1789 to perhaps 1801, the end of the federalist period. 

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek not your council, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 7
Points 95
Danny replied on Thu, Sep 9 2010 10:47 PM

I'm likewise extremely interested in this. Volume 5 and the writing of the constitution is the one area I'm most anxious for Rothbard's brilliant insights. There's one scholar, H.A. Scott Trask, who seems to be in the know about the manuscript, and has even read it (check out the Mises Daily post 'Reconsidering the Articles of Confederation' by him). I would gladly donate my time, effort, and money to seeing this fifth volume published. What about you guys?

Omnes habet sua dona dies. ~ Martial
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Thu, Sep 9 2010 11:45 PM

Discussion here with Mr. T's input.

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS