Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Are Cathlolic Christians morally superior to Muslims [and Russian Orthodox Christians]?

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775
Smiling Dave Posted: Mon, Dec 20 2010 10:45 PM

My good friend Prateek reached this conclusion based on his extensive research. He based himself mainly on his readings about the conduct of the good Christians during the Crusades, as opposed to the cruel behavior of the Muslims in that same event.

Oddly enough, cracked.com addressed this very question in an article, complete with links and evidence, called "5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe about Islam".

Look at ridiculous belief number two in that list, "Western Cultures Are Far More Humane Than the Bloodthirsty Muslims".

Ok guys, read it and have fun. And Prateek, apologize to the Muslim community.

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,434
Points 29,210

Remember that crazy lady with the Einstein hair who asked John McCain if Barack Obama was an Arab?

Hahaha. She does have Einstein hair. Asking who is "morally superior" is kind of like asking who is stricter, is it not?

If you make yourself happy and you make the people you love happy, you're morally superior in my book.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,365
Points 30,945

My best friend in college is a Muslim, and a gentleman called Mohammed Shah Khalid, who is also a fellow Bihari. I have discussed Islam with him in the past, and broached the most sensitive matters of it while still talking like friends.

Meanwhile, my cosmpolitan neighbourhood has plenty of Russians, as well as in college. I am on good terms.

I should tell you that Muslims and other such communities are more self-critical of their communities than I have ever been. As it is, those accounts were from first-hand Muslim sources, one from Usama ibn Manqidh and another from ibn al Athir.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,189
Points 22,990

I love how people always like to pull the:

"I have *insert group of people I'm bashing* friends, so it's okay" card out.

Mind you, I'm not applying this to your scenario per se, it's just something I've noticed.

A while back I was in my speech class. People were doing persuasive speeches. This one lady did a speech against gay marriage, yada yada yada. She pulled the same card "I have gay and lesbien friends". It does nothing for one's argument, and means nothing. It just means your not an asshole.

Freedom has always been the only route to progress.

Post Neo-Left Libertarian Manifesto (PNL lib)
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,289
Points 18,820
MaikU replied on Tue, Dec 21 2010 5:38 AM

Of course catholic christians are morally superior. I was taught this since my childhood!

"Dude... Roderick Long is the most anarchisty anarchist that has ever anarchisted!" - Evilsceptic

(english is not my native language, sorry for grammar.)

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 470
Points 7,025
Vitor replied on Tue, Dec 21 2010 6:00 AM

According to Rothbard, catholics are totally superior to those commies who follow Luther.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 618
Points 10,170
Southern replied on Tue, Dec 21 2010 8:22 AM

It does nothing for one's argument, and means nothing. It just means your not an asshole.

Make sense that people say this sort of thing, considering that many would try to undermine thier arguements by suggesting that they are an asshole and that you shouldnt listen to them. 

Very common when dealing with emotional subjects.  Make your opponent look like an asshole so no one will listen to them.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS