Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Mises Wiki - Spelling mistakes

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 150 Contributor
519 Posts
Points 9,645
jmorris84 posted on Mon, Dec 27 2010 12:10 PM

Recently, I've been reading the Mises Wiki and have been coming by a lot of spelling mistakes. Is there a way for someone like myself to have the ability to correct the errors or is there a way to report them? I feel that the material would be taken more seriously (especially from someone new to this site) if it contained less spelling errors.

Thanks!

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
233 Posts
Points 4,125
Metus replied on Mon, Dec 27 2010 12:31 PM

At the top of every wiki page you see different tabs. One of them ist "edit". Clicking on it will open a new page where you can edit the site. For correcting spelling mistakes all you need to do is find the phrase, correct it, hit "Show preview", if satisfied click "Save page" and if you are not logged it type in the CAPTCHA. For finding phrases in the edit page faster you can click for every chapter on the actual page on edit at the right side.

Editing a wiki page is open to everyone, even not registered users, though registration is recommended.

Honeste vivere, nemimen laedere, suum cuique tribuere.
Top 150 Contributor
519 Posts
Points 9,645

Perfect. Thank you very much!

Top 500 Contributor
233 Posts
Points 4,125
Metus replied on Mon, Dec 27 2010 12:40 PM

Your work is very appreciated. If you like, you can contribute content as well. For starters you can expand the list of libertarian websites.

Top 150 Contributor
519 Posts
Points 9,645

Very cool. Just added one. :)

Top 500 Contributor
233 Posts
Points 4,125
Metus replied on Mon, Dec 27 2010 1:06 PM

Thank you.

Now that I see it, as a side note: If you are just correcting spelling mistakes make sure you are checking the box "this is a minor edit". If bots or humans search through the edit history they can then ignore such edits.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS