Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Philipp Bagus's Book

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,485
Points 22,155
Kakugo Posted: Thu, Jan 20 2011 3:57 AM

I'd really like to get my hands on this book. The big problem is right now it's only available through the Mises Shop, meaning I would end up paying more in shipping than the book is priced (I live in Europe). Also in the past I purchased books from the Mises Shop and, while the service was absolutely spotless, I ended up being charged with very hefty import duties because, for whatever reason, the declared value in US $ ends up being converted in euro on a 1:1 basis (I had the same problem with goods dispatched from Hong Kong, Japan and other places). Of course filing a complain has led to nothing because customs are always right and getting a refund will take years.

So... does anyone know if the book will be published in Europe (in Engish, Spanish or French) or made available through an European seller? Thanks.

Together we go unsung... together we go down with our people
  • | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 75
Points 1,175

Kakugo:

I'd really like to get my hands on this book. The big problem is right now it's only available through the Mises Shop, meaning I would end up paying more in shipping than the book is priced (I live in Europe).

What about coming to the Supporters Summit in Vienna in September and having the Mises Institute bring along a good load of those books to the summit?

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775

It's free in pdf form. Just saying.

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,485
Points 22,155
Kakugo replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 8:10 AM

J.K. Baltzersen:

Kakugo:

I'd really like to get my hands on this book. The big problem is right now it's only available through the Mises Shop, meaning I would end up paying more in shipping than the book is priced (I live in Europe).

What about coming to the Supporters Summit in Vienna in September and having the Mises Institute bring along a good load of those books to the summit?

That's tempting: Vienna is only a few hours ride away from here with some great roads in between. We'll talk about it later in the year as I still need to define my schedule.
In the meantime I'll take up Dave's advice: my problem with eBooks of any form is that I am a book collector and have this obsession with owning the original paper thing. smiley
Together we go unsung... together we go down with our people
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 75
Points 1,175

Kakugo:

That's tempting: Vienna is only a few hours ride away from here with some great roads in between. We'll talk about it later in the year as I still need to define my schedule.

Lucky you!

Slightly longer ride from up here north of the Skagerrak.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS