Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Audit the Fed Reintroduced

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 659
Points 13,305
Gero Posted: Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:44 PM

January 26, 2011 Press Release:

Washington, DC – Congressman Ron Paul (TX-14) today introduced HR 459, The Audit the Fed Bill to the 112th Congress. 

This legislation is very similar to HR 1207 from the 111th Congress and calls for a full and complete audit of the Federal Reserve by the Government Accountability Office, to be reported to Congress by the end of 2012. 

HR 1207 garnered broad bi-partisan support with 320 cosponsors in the 111th Congress, and was attached (but removed in conference) as an amendment to the Dodd-Frank Financial Reform Bill. 

In response to unprecedented public interest in the activities of the Federal Reserve, it hired a full time lobbyist for the first time in history during the 111th Congress.

“I was very pleased that so many of my colleagues were willing to stand up for transparency and accountability in government by cosponsoring HR 1207 in the last Congress.  I am optimistic about our prospects for a full and complete audit in the 112th Congress,” stated Congressman Paul.

HR 459 has 56 co-sponsors at time of introduction.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS