Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

New forums... HELP!!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 22 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
6,885 Posts
Points 121,845
Clayton posted on Sun, Jun 19 2011 11:32 PM

I have created an account with the new forums. I've reset the password twice. But every time I try to log in I get "Site Suspended" at some WordPress login. What in the world is this?? How do I log in???

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
  • | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Male
645 Posts
Points 9,865
James replied on Sun, Jun 19 2011 11:50 PM

I have the same problem.  I don't know whether Facebook logins work, because I am one of the rare neo-luddite mountain people who doesn't have a use for Facebook.

Non bene pro toto libertas venditur auro
Top 10 Contributor
Male
6,885 Posts
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Mon, Jun 20 2011 12:23 AM

Facebook is evil. So is Gmail. Unfortunately, I currently use both. However, this weakness on my part will be ending in the very near future.

Clayton -

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
285 Posts
Points 4,140

I have the same "Site Suspended" problem when I login to my new account.

Top 500 Contributor
285 Posts
Points 4,140

By the way, your new community is getting spammed:

http://community.mises.org/

Top 75 Contributor
1,485 Posts
Points 22,155
Kakugo replied on Mon, Jun 20 2011 1:35 PM

James:

I have the same problem.  I don't know whether Facebook logins work, because I am one of the rare neo-luddite mountain people who doesn't have a use for Facebook.

Make two of us. In any way.
PS: i've just seen the amount of spam... holy marmite!
Together we go unsung... together we go down with our people
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
45 Posts
Points 1,320
Lincoln replied on Tue, Jun 21 2011 12:45 AM

why is facebook evil? *sigh*

did facebook cause 9/11 ?

Top 75 Contributor
Male
1,008 Posts
Points 19,520

I didn't know we had new forums!  Personally I feel like there is too much going on visually, but maybe that's because I'm not used to it.

"And it may be said with strict accuracy, that the taste a man may show for absolute government bears an exact ratio to the contempt he may profess for his countrymen." - de Tocqueville
Top 25 Contributor
Male
3,260 Posts
Points 61,905
ForumsAdministrator
Staff
SystemAdministrator

The log-in problem might be due to a proliferation of spam blogs (splogs).  The main dev guy is contacting the anti-splog solution guys, asking them why it seems so full of holes.  I also sent him this thread.

"the obligation to justice is founded entirely on the interests of society, which require mutual abstinence from property" -David Hume
Top 10 Contributor
Male
6,885 Posts
Points 121,845

Facebook, Gmail, et. al. are all part of the new "grid". They are pestering you now for your phone # so they can tie your account activity to your mobile phone (which, by the way, has a GPS in it - as all cellphones without exception do). So, yeah, they're part of the Establishment, they're evil. And what kind of creepy business issues its employees hoodies with a star-of-David hidden on the inside? WTF is that??

Clayton -

Top 50 Contributor
2,417 Posts
Points 41,720

This doesn't look like a jewish star to me:

Top 10 Contributor
Male
5,118 Posts
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Clayton:

Facebook, Gmail, et. al. are all part of the new "grid". They are pestering you now for your phone # so they can tie your account activity to your mobile phone (which, by the way, has a GPS in it - as all cellphones without exception do). So, yeah, they're part of the Establishment, they're evil. And what kind of creepy business issues its employees hoodies with a star-of-David hidden on the inside? WTF is that??

Clayton -

So what if people volunteer their personal information to Facebook? You could buy a phone without GPS, but not having GPS sorta defeats the purpose of any location-based app.

Companies being forced to give up information to the government is a different issue; one which you did not address in you post.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Top 10 Contributor
Male
5,118 Posts
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Nielsio:

This doesn't look like a jewish star to me:

It is a conspiracy. And bees are part of it too:
Look! A hexagon.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Top 10 Contributor
Male
6,885 Posts
Points 121,845

Since 2005, all cellphones have GPS tracking. Tell me that isn't creepy as hell. The formal government is not the only evil... and please do not mistake me to be saying Facebook is evil just because they're big and successful. I have no problem with success... more power to Zuckerberg for being successful... but if you think the Establishment is going to take the Internet laying down, you got another thing coming.

Clayton -

Top 10 Contributor
Male
6,885 Posts
Points 121,845

@Nielsio: I don't know if it's Jewish or not but the star-of-David symbol is definitely present in explicit (rotated 30 degrees) and implicit (connect the arrow points) form. Not saying it's a conspiracy, just noting that it's weird.

Clayton -

Previous | Next
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS