Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

U.S. Middle East War Strategy

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 424
Points 5,980
Em_ptySkin Posted: Sat, Jun 11 2011 8:00 PM

What do the pople here think of this?

http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/files/rc/papers/2009/06_iran_strategy/06_iran_strategy.pdf

It's U.S think tank war policy and strategy.  You can see where the U.S has attempted a few of them over the last few years.  The Velvet Revolution in '09 being one example.  Some of them, I'm sure, we use on other countries as well.

The gist of it is that the only way for the U.S. to, "...have its cake and eat it too" it to setup a situation where the U.S. can escape any blame for an Israeli strike on Iran.  They admit this is basically impossible, but theorize situations in which it could play out.  The current situation, as i see it, is that every crucial region around Iran, except one which is in the northwest of Pakistan (currently the Pashtun region (Taliban)) is occupied by U.S military; Iraq, to the east, and Afghanistan to the west, across the water is Saudi Arabia.   

Eating Propaganda

What do you mean i don't care how your day was?!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 743
Points 11,795

Why the US government has been insistent on either controlling or killing Iranians for decades is beyond my understanding. Is it because its one of the few places yet to be under US control? An ego thing?  I still don't understand why they're involved in trying to control Libya- is it because they seemingly have lost power in Egypt so they need another puppet in Africa? What do they need these puppet governments for exactly? Whats the end goal of all of this? Perhaps no goal other than forcing a reason to create/sell munitions forever?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 424
Points 5,980

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y6XzhuN3SUw

It's not just the U.S.  It's all of the Western powers.  They know the financial jig is is up and now are trying to screw up as much of the resource and energy expansion of Russia and China up as they can before we HAVE to bring our troops home...

Eating Propaganda

What do you mean i don't care how your day was?!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Mon, Jun 13 2011 6:42 PM

In all honesty, AuctionGuy, I think it's because the US power elite sees the over 1 billion Muslims in the world as being the biggest potential resistance to its empire. Any overtly Islamic state is thus seen as a potentially existential threat to the imperial hegemony and must be preemptively crushed.

The keyboard is mightier than the gun.

Non parit potestas ipsius auctoritatem.

Voluntaryism Forum

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS