Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Stephen Colbert

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 424
Points 5,980
Em_ptySkin Posted: Thu, Jun 30 2011 3:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Qi_73thpA - He got a PAC...for....the president??

He can use his show to campaign.

Eating Propaganda

What do you mean i don't care how your day was?!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 424
Points 5,980

It worries me cause so many people look to him and stewart for news.

They make fun of mainstream bias with their own bias.  He better campaign for Ron Paul.  We'll need that propaganda machine over at Comedy Central.  I'm worried that he will spend money on hit ads for all of the candidates or doante money to Amnesty International and La Raza....

Eating Propaganda

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,037
Points 17,975
John Ess replied on Thu, Jun 30 2011 6:18 PM

Why would he campaign for Ron Paul?

Or donate money to specifically two random groups La Raza or Amnesty International?  Why do this just to donate to them?  And who cares if he donates money to them?

I certainly don't care if he runs 'hit ads', though that is not his style.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 424
Points 5,980

Well giving money to specific groups is fine, but the point i was trying to make is that he can basically fund any kind of political campaign that he wants.  His budget is huge and if he promotes legitimate charities and such that is fine, but he wont.

He did this whole thing to make a political statement and they took him seriously.  It backfired and now who knows what he'll do do screw things up for US politics. Not that he can really damage it any more i guess...

And La Raza is spanish for "the Race."  Pretty, not collectivist. (I just used it as an exmaple.

The Ron Paul reference was simply because he seemed to kind of borrow his lingo when he gave his statement about the FEC ruling in his favor.

Eating Propaganda

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,037
Points 17,975

"La Raza is spanish for "the Race."

Like NASCAR race?

As far as I know, Stephen Colbert is not spanish.  And National Council for La Raza is a pretty middle of the road interest group for people of mixed ethnicity between spanish, native american, and various white people.  Which is a lot of the people who are in north and south america.  The right sometimes depicts them as a type of Latinocentric group you see in some prisons.  But this is as silly as saying that Anti-Defamation League (jewish interest group) is the same as the Jewish Defense League (a terrorist group).  I don't see how it is any more collectivist than any other group.  It is probably a waste of time to have an interest that lobbies for one or two people at a time.

The only thing SC and La Raza might have in common is Roman Catholicism.  But then so do many members of the Mises Institute...

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 424
Points 5,980

Jesus man i know what it is.  and it doesn't represent individual rights it promotes race based superiority by defaming everyone else.  They support welfare and all sorts of bogus ideas.  I used it as an example of something i would be upset with SC shamelessly promoting, like ADL, SPLC, NAMBLA, etc.  It seems though, he has set up a legitimate charity so i'm not even concerned.

His demonstration had good satirical intentions that backfired so he set up something helpful.

Eating Propaganda

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 44
Points 865
Aiser replied on Sat, Jul 2 2011 8:06 PM

La Raza is certainly spanish for " The race". Me being hispanic though not filling the stereotypical one that "La Raza" would like. Although La Raza is a very VERY dangerous group of people whom are for ethnic solidarity on well... ethnic lines. They also promote a conspiracy called " Aztlan" or something like that. Raza and Amnesty Int are down to their core bad groups but enough of that.

Stephen Colbert is an all aroud nice guy, a good chunk of his and Stewarts audience happens to be very young. And thats a problem. Because such young people look at these entertaner/commedian political satirist as actual credible liberal news anchors. I think it was Winston Churchill whom once said something like " when you are young and liberal, you are naive. When you are 40 and still liberal, you have no brain".

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS