Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

A good book on cold war intervention?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 424
Points 5,980
Em_ptySkin Posted: Mon, Jul 4 2011 10:27 PM

I'd like to read a little about the proxy wars that the Soviets and USA fought during the cold war.

I found this one.  Anyone know if its any good? or could recommend another?

http://www.amazon.com/Global-Cold-War-Interventions-Making/dp/052170314X/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1309836067&sr=8-18

Eating Propaganda

What do you mean i don't care how your day was?!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,739
Points 60,635
Marko replied on Thu, Jul 7 2011 11:59 AM

Well, what you are asking for is a very specific thing. A work covering wars as proxy wars between the USA and the USSR. I can't say I've been interested in that perspective so, no.

But on the book you found, I checked and google books has a pretty wide preview of it, so you can easily see how good it is from reading the sections avaliable there.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 424
Points 5,980

really?  no books written on the afghani mujahadeen or the sandanistas and nicaraguans?

Some of the necons call the cold war WWIII and the new one  (islam) WWIV

Eating Propaganda

What do you mean i don't care how your day was?!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,739
Points 60,635
Marko replied on Thu, Jul 7 2011 2:59 PM

Sure there are, but how many that cover them primarily from the perspective of it being a proxy war between the US and the USSR? I've read a book on Nicaragua actually (not in English), but it didn't mention the Soviet Union or the United States very much.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS