Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Comet or Brown Dwarf?

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 2,455
Marky Mark Posted: Sun, Jul 24 2011 11:57 PM

NASA says it's a comet, others do not.

http://theintelhub.com/2011/07/24/20000-troops-to-deploy-in-conus-for-civil-unrest-possible-threats/ - in the NASA video the guy says nothing about anything that could happen...it is just a warning to employees to be prepared for something.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/56681465/Reconnaissance-Earth-Near-Earth-Objects-PDF-From-White-House-Dot-Gov - can someone download this pdf and post it, plz?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 2,455
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Nielsio replied on Mon, Jul 25 2011 7:19 AM

Can you come up with a title for this thread and a description of the contents of the links and what they have to do with each other?

If you don't I'll move this to the Low Content thread because I looked at the links and they all seem very random and disconnected.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 186
Points 4,290
TANSTAAFL replied on Mon, Jul 25 2011 10:47 AM

A proper title would be Planet Nibiru Conspiracy.

For those who may not be familiar with this conspiracy it goes like this: The sun has a sister star, a brown dwarf, that has an eliptical orbit that brings the sister star close to the inner solar sytem every so many thousands of years. There is one planet, Nibiru, that orbits the sister star. This planet passes through the inner solar system when the sister star gets close to the sun. It is believed by some that Nibiru causes massive disruptions to the surface of the earth whenever is passes close enough. It has also been postulated that aliens from Nibiru came to earth and created man. It is predicted that Nibiru will return to wreak havok on Earth in 2012. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 2,455
Marky Mark replied on Mon, Jul 25 2011 11:32 AM

almost, it is more about the brown dwarf than any planets that may be orbiting it.  But thanks for polarizing my post to turn people off to it.  Really glad you did that. 2012 has little to do with it other than coincidnce, this "comet" will be passing through our system in the next 3 months.  And yes, widspread destruction could be a result.  My question is if it is a comet that passes through every 5000 years, why would NASA not be telling people to look out for it?  Literally, once in a lifetime type of thing (given that it is harmless).

Also, it really doesn't fit he definition of a 'conspiracy'.  That implies that people are working to bring about a goal under the table.  It may be a theory, however.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 186
Points 4,290
TANSTAAFL replied on Mon, Jul 25 2011 12:34 PM

The conspiracy consists in the cover up. If you look into the story you will find that NASA has constructed an observatory on Antarctica and there is a missing photo in the matrix of google space where the 'comet/planet/star" should be in the sky. 'They' want to keep it hidden to prevent chaos from erupting.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 630
Points 9,425

The chances of another star or planet coming in to our solar system are next to nothing. This whole story is not true.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 2,455

The point is that there IS something on its way into our solar system.  The question is what is it?  NASA says its a comet, but has supplied no evidence of that.  It has an orbit path video up (which i posted) on the JPL site.

The narrator on that video points out that the last 3 MAJOR earthquakes coincide with alignment dates of this object, our planet, and our sun.  If you know anything about magnitude and gravity there is credence to those claims.

We all know the probability of it being a planet is zero, but a comet or a brown dwarf are legitimate questions.  Why has no one been promoting the observation of this once in a lifetime comet passing by?

Moderator note: profanity removed. Take note of the forum rules. -Nielsio.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 508
Points 8,570
  • The narrator on that video points out that the last 3 MAJOR earthquakes coincide with alignment dates of this object, our planet, and our sun.  If you know anything about magnitude and gravity there is credence to those claims.

If it can cause earthquakes, it would be affecting the tides.  Evidence of this is where?  What exactly do you know about "gravity" and "magnitude" (?) that makes this so convincing to you.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 2,455

watch the video gheez.  all i meant by "magnitude" was the effect of gravity is stronger when there are direct alignments and it would make sense that tension between large masses would be more effective (noticeable).  The tides are effected as well as the Earth's magnetic polarity...look the stuff up man.  Greenland saw daylight two entire days early this year, our axis moved significantly with each of those earthquakes (New Zealand, Chile, Japan)

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 508
Points 8,570
  • Greenland saw daylight two entire days early this year, our axis moved significantly with each of those earthquakes (New Zealand, Chile, Japan)

I haven't watched the video yet because, quite frankly I have better stuff to do with my time, but I'll give it a gander when I get home.  However, regarding the "2-day early sunrise" in Greenland, this has been explained.  First, it is absolutely critical that you aknowledge that an anectdotal occurance from a single point of observation does not tell you that the planet's rotation has chagned signifigantly.  If it had, you would see variations across the board.  This has no been observed, therefore you must reject the fact that it had to do with the planet's rotation.  It has been falsified, end of story.  What explains the early sunrise then?  Two completely plausible theories have been put forward.  One, that increased methane concentrations in the atmosphere caused greater refraction of sunlight.  Two, that the glaciers (which form the horizon line at this particular spot in Greenland) had melted enough to allow the sun to peek over.  These are both plausible and supportable explainations.

As for the earthquake moving the axis, this is a big "So What?".  It happens with EVERY earthquake, as the Earth's center of gravity is shifted ever so slightly as the mass is redistributed.  It means absolutely nothing and is in fact, and quite literally, an everyday occurance.

Why the heck am I always playing the Skeptic Patrol here?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 508
Points 8,570

Wait, which video am I supposed to watch?  I just see a video of some misinterpreted optical illusion of a double sun, and a generic NASA corporate PSA about emergency preparedness.  Was there another one?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 2,455

this one

New zealand - alignment made February 27, 2010 - 8 magnitude  (far side of sun) 6.042 AU

chile - alignment made  September 4, 2010 - 7 magnitude. distance 6.258 AU

Japan - alignment made 3/15 - 9 magnitude, distance 2.101 AU

and you tried "debuking" w/o even watching the video.  Talk about confirmation bias...

I do not buy the 'glaciers melting' to allow two days more worth of sun for a second (source?).  and the methane gas thing (haha)....source?

The NASA PSA was NOT generic.  It was a warning that after FEMA's Continuity of government, in may of 2011, drill for people to prepare for disasters.

Gravity is a phenomenon caused by mass and spin, also.  So it would make sense that during orbits it will grab things, just like the sun, and cause bigger earthquakes.  Not to mention the effects of electromagnetics.  Also, as for the axis shifting with every earthquake, that'd be OK other than these dates match up with alignments...

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 2,455

Here is another video for good measure

do not believe me watch these (posted from above)

"The EM field prevents observation. All we can see is a photon cloud produced by the production of water from the hydrogen proton solar wind, oxygen, and an electric charge. We will not be able to see the actual object until the object dumps its capacitance into the sun. The object is cloaked by its EM field. When it dumps, the EM field and photon bombardment will place the earth and us in superposition just like an electron. This is the rapture.

Look around. Government spending like there is no tomorrow. Nasa shutting down the shuttle just is time so they can take cover. The swiss built a seed vault in an ice pack. Elenin’s past line ups cause 7+ earthquakes and the electrical storms on Saturn.

The Swiss placed a 330+ year old drawing on their 10 franc bill that shows the planetary alignments that exactly correspond to September 26, 2011, when ELENIN lines up between the sun and earth. Why? To get their people ready.

The Giza pyramids appear to have been built as a warning of this event. The great pyramid lines up directly with the sphinx and sun. The sphinx was originally a lion. The lion is LEO. Elenin comes from the constellation Leo and passes between the sun and earth like the sphinx passes between the sun and the great pyramid."

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 508
Points 8,570

Alright it's obvious you're way too deep into this to attempt to reason with.  I mean, we're at the "MESSAGES CODED IN THE PYRIMIDS!" stage here.  I have one, simple proposal for you:

If (I mean when) this turns out to be one more convoluted space catastrophe theory, you come back here and admit that you were horribly wrong and got wrapped up in a conspiracy theory.  If I'm wrong, I'll do the same.

One last thing.  Here's NOAA's tidal data.  Like I said, if it's causing earthquakes it would be causing tiday disruptions.  Go find me something interesting:

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/station_retrieve.shtml?type=Historic+Tide+Data

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 494
Points 6,980

Problem with a two suns theory with respect to C/2010 X1 Elenin is that binary star systems orbit around a center of mass, and the stars must be on opposite sides of such a mass.  Now unless the center of mass is inside the orbit of Mercury, an infinitesimally small distance with respect to binary orbits, Elenin can't be a binary star.  If Elenin were a star even with such an extreme orbit, we would not have the stable planetary orbits that we have in our solar system. 

The facts are the C/2010 X1 Elenin is correctly classified as a comet.  David Morrison, also of NASA, has estimated the mass to be one billionth of the mass of the Earth, and there will be very little gravitational effect on the planet.  Don Yeomans, the person at JPL responsible for tracking such objects has stated the Elenin stories are a hoax.  Elenin is a ball of ice and dirt that will have no impact on Earth other than be an interesting display for amateur astronomers.

Those claiming that the Earth will pass through the tail of the comet after Elenin passes Earth's obit are in error.  The tails of comets point away from the sun.

None of the current "Hopi stories" being referenced come from any Hopi indians.  These are fictions, pure and simple.

Zecharia Sitchin, creator of the Nibiru myth, based it off of poor scholarship, poor translation and poor science.  But that's not even relevant to Elenin.  Sitchin's prediction was that Nibiru returns after the year 2900, nine centuries into the future.

Too many bogus claims in the links to cover them all.  Even the so-called "skeptics" have been producing their own bogus claims, so if you're relying on youtube or some of the other sides to get to the bottom of the issue, don't hold your breath.  The links are good for laughs or face-palming, much like the Zeitgeist movies or a Bernanke interview.  But there's nothing in them that supports the claims being presented, which puts them in the junk category of internet content.

None of the links within this thread offer any proof whatsoever to support the wild claims being made.  Without such evidence, I see this whole subject as one big troll.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 2,455

i copied that paragraph from the youtube, hence the quotes.  I'm not saying it's 100% true, but the coincidence in the dates of the earthquakes is what i think the significant part is.  I don't know how to use that site and im guessing you don't either.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 508
Points 8,570
  • i copied that paragraph from the youtube, hence the quotes.  I'm not saying it's 100% true, but the coincidence in the dates of the earthquakes is what i think the significant part is.

Firstly, correlation does not equal causation.  Secondly, these earthquakes are nothing unusual, 7.0's and 8.0's happen annually.  9.0's are slightly more rare but happen several times a century.  Thirdly, if your hypothesis is that the earthquakes were caused by some kind of gravitational forces rather than normal crustal shifts, you'd see other impacts.  I chose tides because that's the most obvious and easy to understand, and has some of the easiest data to access.

•   I don't know how to use that site and im guessing you don't either.

You mean the NOAA tidal data?  If so then Bzzzzzzt! you're wrong.  I use that stuff in my everyday life via work, and also in my undergraduate research. Select a station, select your dates and data parameters, and plot!  You can also download excel files to manipulate it yourself.  All pretty simple.  All the data in the world you need to prove me wrong is right there, assuming it conforms to your hyothesis.

Look, when I was younger I would buy into some of this stuff.  NASA hiding martian ruins in Cydonia, asteroids coming to destroy all life, Aliens from Roswell, etc.  I listened to Art Bell every chance I would get. I learned over time that you have to consider these claims critically.  People get wrapped up in theroies and will present you with half-baked information.  After time, the truth will set your free.  It's far better to devote your time to REAL problems, like getting rid of the Fed and educating your fellow human beings on the philsophies and concepts of liberty. :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 2,455
Marky Mark replied on Wed, Jul 27 2011 11:17 AM

i hear ya, man.  I'm trying to alert people about the psycotics that plan wars currently.  Just like i'm sure you think of me, people believe, ultimiately, what they want to believe.  My worry is that Israel will attack Iran in late Sept.  which will coincide with the closest alignment (.2 AU) ... Tehran sits on a major fault.

Pos hoc ergo propter hoc, i get, it just seems ultra coincidental that three earthquakes of major stature coincide with those alignments.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS