Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Why is the forum broken?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous Posted: Sat, Aug 20 2011 2:09 PM

Why are the forums acting up lately? Is it just me? They log me out randomly, dispay messages (server side for sure), and sometimes completely refuse to be online.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Those are the new features :P

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 2:26 PM

Can I haz old features back?

Also, I tried looking up "more of the same" online (thinking of making a McCain joke about wanting "more of the same" old forums), and I found the website http://moreofthesame.com/ with a bunch of quotes on it, one of them being "when you shop, you vote", which struck me as highly true and well descriptive of AnCap. Coincidence? blush

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Yes, it's happening for everyone, and yes it sucks big time.  In case you haven't figured it out by now, ALWAYS copy your text to Notepad or Wordpad, or even just your clipboard BEFORE you try to submit it...as you've probably noticed, about half the time you'll lose it.

When the forum was completely downa few days ago Tucker said:

"This was something I had to do. the community has some kind of database
corruption that is bleeding over the rest of the site and seriously harming
functionality.

David tried to fix it but it didn't work.

If anyone knows MSsql and can help, we are all ears."

I'm assuming the corruption he's talking about is the source of all the errors and automatic logouts all of us here are seeing.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 2:59 PM

I know some MySql... The syntax should be very similar.

As to the copying - yes, I have begun to do it. And I have even tried turning it into an analogy for consumer protection in AnCap, how you try stuff and it might not work, so you learn to protect yourself. I don't currently find this analogy particularly convincing :P But I'll keep trying to find symbolism in everyday life!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 283
Points 5,580
Lewis S. replied on Thu, Aug 25 2011 6:08 PM

Well, I can say that the links to the media files are screwed up. I tried selecting a David Gordon lecture and it took me back to the main media page, others take you to the wrong ones, and still others to pages of articles, etc....

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS