Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Steve Jobs, Apple founder, dies

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James Posted: Wed, Oct 5 2011 7:34 PM

(CNN) -- Steve Jobs, the visionary in the black turtleneck who co-founded Apple in a Silicon Valley garage, built it into the world's leading tech company and led a mobile-computing revolution with wildly popular devices such as the iPhone, died Wednesday. He was 56.

The hard-driving executive pioneered the concept of the personal computer and of navigating them by clicking onscreen images with a mouse. In more recent years, he introduced the iPod portable music player, the iPhone and the iPad tablet -- all of which changed how we consume content in the digital age.

His friends and Apple fans on Wednesday night mourned the passing of a tech titan. [continued...]

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Posts 62
Points 1,160

The world is a poorer place tonight, R.I.P. Steve Jobs.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

Sorry to take this sad, sad occurrence as a propaganda opportunity, but

"See! Because we don't have universal health care, the man got cancer and died!"

But otherwise, I mourn the loss of a great entrepreneur, fellow human, and cancer victim. May he rest in peace knowing he has helped the world and driven innovation.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Wed, Oct 5 2011 10:14 PM

Mandatory bump.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 41
Points 1,640
DMI1 replied on Thu, Oct 6 2011 12:25 AM

Is there any notion as to why he got cancer in the first place? Smoker? High stress? Sorry but I hadn't followed this story much. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

RIP Steve. You will be missed.

Steve Jobs was a brilliant entreprenuer, who did a wonderful job for general understanding of capitalism. At least few people realized, thanks to Steve, that profit is not a bad thing. That companies do not need to have enourmous charity programs to make life better for everyone. That business in its core means "fulfilling the needs", not exploitation. 

I hope Steve Jobs will be remembered as a great man. He was a great man. He did a wonderful job providing as with 'live sci-fi'. 

But I also hope that Steve Jobs' legacy will stay with us not only in a form of technology, but in a form of 'ideology' too. I hope that people will see how beneficial free market and big enterprises are. That they serve, not command. That capitalism is not killing itself, but rather that democracy is killing capitalism and free market. And that would be amazing.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/wozniak-remembers-steve-jobs/2011/10/06/gIQAAINvPL_video.html

Above, Steve Wozniak remembers his FRIEND, Steve Jobs. 

If you have never had the privledge to watch the movie, Pirates of the Silicon Valley, GO WATCH THAT TODAY.  Amazing movie and story.  And the moments with Steve Jobs interacting with his daughter are about the most beautiful thing in cinematic history. 

Go Watch Pirates of Silicon Valley now!  Stop reading this.  Go download it or rent it or whatever you do to get your movies.

Its about the 2 biggest giants in the tech world, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

If they haven't, they're in luck...

TNT To Re-Air ‘Pirates Of Silicon Valley’ (tonight)

As a tribute to Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, who died yesterday, TNT will preempt its primetime lineup for two back-to-back airings at 8 PM and 10 PM of its 1999 original movie Pirates of Silicon Valley, the only film to date that portrays the technology innovator. It follows the race between computer rivals Apple and Microsoft and stars Noah Wyle as Jobs, Anthony Michael Hall as Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Joey Slotnick as Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,360
Points 43,785
z1235 replied on Thu, Oct 6 2011 8:34 PM

Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address

Powerful...

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnO7D5UaDig

Awesome speech as well...Steve In his prime!

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Thu, Oct 6 2011 10:01 PM

Interestingly enough there is to be a 656 page Steve Jobs biography released in November.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 445
Points 7,120
thelion replied on Fri, Oct 7 2011 7:52 AM

Shame that he died right during his period of greatest success. May he rest in peace.

Great entrepreneur.

Cancer is very nasty thing. Occured twice in my family. Hopefully we will get enough capital one day to deal with this nasty illness. Knowledge is BTW human capital,

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580

"Cancer is very nasty thing. Occured twice in my family. Hopefully we will get enough capital one day to deal with this nasty illness. Knowledge is BTW human capital,"

Fortunately, we already do.  Dr. Leonard Coldwell and other doctors believe all cancers, including tumors are almost 100% cureable.  All with food.  My own personal experience is my uncle's ex-wife had stage 4 ovarian? cancer, and the doctors told her to get her affairs in order, that she had about 6 months.  He refused to accept this, she refused.  They traveled all throughout South America and the United States talking with alternative doctors and nutrionists and all the alternative people treating cancer successfully, learning as much as they could.  Anyway, she beat it.  She went on certain raw juicing protocols along with taking certain other raw foods.  Gone.  She beat it.

Anyway, there are many many stories like this.  Lewrockwell.com columnist, Mike Adams just wrote an article about Steve Jobs and how tragic it was that he died, when so many people are being 100% cured of cancer using mother nature.

http://www.naturalnews.com/033793_Steve_Jobs_chemotherapy.html

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS