Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Free Market New Hampshire is America's Richest State

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875
Freedom4Me73986 Posted: Thu, Oct 13 2011 12:21 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/16/americas-richest-states_n_966805.html#s363988&title=1_New_Hampshire

Median income: $66,303 

Poverty rate: 7.1% (the lowest) 

Without health insurance: 10.1% (7th lowest) 

Unemployment: 5.2% (4th lowest) 

New Hampshire's status as the wealthiest overall state is the result of extremely low unemployment rate of 5.2% and the fact that it has the lowest poverty rate in the country. Like Massachusetts, the state has few wealthy areas, but it also does not have any major urban areas with high poverty rates. Hillsborough County, the most populous in the state, has a median household income of nearly $65,000. According to Dennis Delay, an economist with the New Hampshire Center for Public Policy Studies, the state benefits from a larger-than-average middle class, the result of businesses generally paying higher wages. New Hampshire also has no regional or state tax on personal income, and no sales tax. 

This is a HUGE reason to pack up your bags and move to NH. Enjoy relatively more liberty and wealth.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 8:50 AM

Well, great. If I want to be a "median person," it appears I should go to NH. Do I really want to be a median person, though?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 9:50 AM

What about cost of living?  Is it equally as high?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

What about cost of living?  Is it equally as high?

Since moving to NH my cost of living has gone DOWN substantially since I'm not paying income tax to the state. Yes there are high property taxes in NH but there are a ton of loopholes. You just have to be smart about it. Rent first.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Well, great. If I want to be a "median person," it appears I should go to NH. Do I really want to be a median person, though?

That's not what this is about. It's about PROOF that free market capitalism works. Low unemployment, low poverty, high median income are all proof of this.

Get out from wherever your living now and come to the Shire. You'll meet all sorts of libertarians, anarcho-capitalists and adherents of austrian economics. It's really like living in a different world.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Consider moving to The Shire. It will serve you way better in the long-run once the rest of america goes to hell.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS