Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Is international commerce anarchic?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Points 27,940
Eugene Posted: Fri, Nov 25 2011 2:31 PM

I watched the following great video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5PbLLBfiM8

Peter Leeson is very enthusiastic about international commerce. He says its anarchical in nature. I don't think I agree on that. If  International chamber of commerce (ICC) finds a cheater, they just report him to the government in which he resides, and the government punishes him. So its anarchy when no violence is needed, but its not a full anarchy. 

What do you think?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 99
Points 3,540
aervew replied on Fri, Nov 25 2011 2:37 PM

Tell me Eugene, where is the anarchy in trade within a Murphy-based system of property law as described in Chaos Theory? Thats right, there is none. The owner of the property defines the rules of the game. Not too unlike what states do, is it not? If you look past the clever ideological symbolisms of Rothbard and Hoppe, the proposed identity of feudalism and anarcho-capitalism makes sense.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 312
Points 4,325
Chyd3nius replied on Fri, Nov 25 2011 2:41 PM

It seems that we have a new troll here. Criticism is OK, but flooding comments like "free markets attract racists" is different thing.

-- --- English I not so well sorry I will. I'm not native speaker.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Fri, Nov 25 2011 2:48 PM

"Tell me Eugene, where is the anarchy in trade within a Murphy-based system of property law as described in Chaos Theory? Thats right, there is none. The owner of the property defines the rules of the game. Not too unlike what states do, is it not? If you look past the clever ideological symbolisms of Rothbard and Hoppe, the proposed identity of feudalism and anarcho-capitalism makes sense."

Lol.

You're right that insofar as there are actual governments controlling the procedure it's fairly statist, however free market production structures are naturally anarchic

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS