Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Calling all Anarchists/Ancaps

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 415
jimbojr Posted: Thu, Aug 7 2008 2:38 PM

If anyone would like to help a brother out debating the merits of the state and the principles of market anarchism, I could use a hand on the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe forums. I didn't start the thread but have become the one market anarchists against a board full of statist skeptics. It started out as someone trying to talk about FDR and Stefan Molyneux but that didn't go very far. I am trying to keep the conversation civil and fruitful and would just like to not be the only one answering 50 posts at a time. I would appreciate it but if you do come over keep it civil as I want to propogate these ideas, not give people a reason to close their mind. Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to join!

http://skepchick.org/skepticsguide/index.php/topic,12731.435.html

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 515
Points 8,495
fsk replied on Fri, Aug 8 2008 11:51 AM

jimbojr:

If anyone would like to help a brother out debating the merits of the state and the principles of market anarchism, I could use a hand on the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe forums. I didn't start the thread but have become the one market anarchists against a board full of statist skeptics. It started out as someone trying to talk about FDR and Stefan Molyneux but that didn't go very far. I am trying to keep the conversation civil and fruitful and would just like to not be the only one answering 50 posts at a time. I would appreciate it but if you do come over keep it civil as I want to propogate these ideas, not give people a reason to close their mind. Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to join!

http://skepchick.org/skepticsguide/index.php/topic,12731.435.html

I don't bother with such things.  Once a discussion forum is dominated by fools, it becomes pointless to be the sole reasonable voice.

For this reason, I like having my own blog.  I make posts that cover all the standard false arguments and then link to them as necessary.

If you make posts that cover the common points, then you avoid repeating yourself.  I've concluded that some people just don't get it.  They don't have the intellectual capacity to overcome their pro-State brainwashing.  It's actually very traumatic to realize the truth of what has happened, so it's a form of ignorant self-defense.

I have my own blog at FSK's Guide to Reality. Let me know if you like it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

I looked at it, but it's an uphill battle you have set out on.  One fella was arguing that the smaller states get, the more violence there is, which if you compare Europe to the US, provides loads of evidence to the contrary.  The problem is, people are so incredibly irrational and ignorant, it's very hard to get to actually discussing the nuts and bolts of government vs. market anarchy.

@ FSK - A blog is good except it can be a crutch for people who won't tolerate or abide by dissent.  Ultimately, most blogs end up as mono-opinioned bully pulpits.  Lew Rockwell has a blog and article portion to his site, but there is a lot of diversity and voices.  That is one way of overcoming the narcissitic and incestuous nature of "Man and blog".

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS