Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Twitterers Against Kelly Clarkson

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff Posted: Thu, Dec 29 2011 2:19 PM

Here are my faovrites:

"Kelly Clarkson endorses Ron Paul. Yet another reason why nobody even remotely likes Kelly Clarkson..."

Are you for serious? She won American Idol and sold millions of albums.

"Kelly Clarkson has endorsed Ron Paul, which means that her music is no longer the worst thing about her."

Hating who they hate loves.

"I'm so bummed Kelly Clarkson is a Republican because I've always liked her body."

???????

"Poor Kelly Clarkson - pop stars needn't dabble in politics silly girl...lol"

Did she say the same when Will.I.Am made a music video for Obama?

The attacks are coming from all angles. In one she is called a fat Texan while in another RP is called anti-woman. The person who called RP anti-woman should also call anti-woman the person who called KC fat. But yeah, whatever.

"anyone surprised by kelly clarkson endorsing ron paul needs to push play on "miss independent" in their itunes again."

This one actually makes sense.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Thu, Dec 29 2011 3:18 PM

"I'm so bummed Kelly Clarkson is a Republican because I've always liked her body."

Hahaha, I guess Republicans don't have sex and never show skin, while those who cross the line of being "non-Republican" are letting loose to anyone around.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,289
Points 18,820
MaikU replied on Thu, Dec 29 2011 3:44 PM

but she really IS kinda fat.. Her opinion on politics worth nothing because of that fact.

"Dude... Roderick Long is the most anarchisty anarchist that has ever anarchisted!" - Evilsceptic

(english is not my native language, sorry for grammar.)

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Thu, Dec 29 2011 3:54 PM

No idea how she's "fat".  It's about as arbitrary as her politics (though I do see celebrity support of Paul good compared to all the openly liberal celebrities/comedians who spurt out ignorant statements and get applauded for it).

This is from 2009, and I don't consider her fat at all:

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 12:12 AM

This is great.  She literally says she supports "gay rights" and "black rights"...and people come back and call her a racist and homophobe.  This is only helping.

Kelly Clarkson is in trouble for supporting Ron Paul

ron_paul

Some people think that stars in Hollywood are only allowed to support liberals and democrats or else they’ll be branded as a racist and a homophobe. And that’s because it’s 100 percent true. As Kelly Clarkson is finding out today after she tweeted

“I love Ron Paul. I liked him a lot during the last republican nomination and no one gave him a chance. If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he’s got my vote. Too bad he probably won’t.”

She went on to explain why she feels this way…

“I am really sorry if I have offended anyone. Obviously that was not my intent. I do not support racism. I support gay rights, straight rights, women’s rights, men’s rights, white/black/purple/orange rights. I like Ron Paul because he believes in less government and letting the people (all of us) make the decisions and mold our country. That is all. Out of all of the Republican nominees, he’s my favorite.”

And now of course people are calling her a racist and a homophobe. After saying she supports gay rights and racial equality. So wait, if I don’t like the Italians do I say I actually do like them? Is that how people will know? Being intolerant is getting complicated.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 4:48 AM

They don't call it "Twatter" for nothing.

The keyboard is mightier than the gun.

Non parit potestas ipsius auctoritatem.

Voluntaryism Forum

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

There's always two sides...

Kelly Clarkson Sees Huge Increase in Sales Since Ron Paul Tweet

The Blaze reports:

Pop singer Kelly Clarkson, the first contestant to win “American Idol,” took a lot of heat this week after she sent a message on Twitter saying she supported Ron Paul and would vote for him if he got the GOP nomination. She was skewered for those remarks. But now she may have the last laugh as one site reports sales of one her albums are skyrocketing since the endorsement.

Check out her Amazon web site, where you can listen to samples of her music. She has a great voice.

And

Endorse Ron Paul, Sell More Albums

Pop star Kelly Clarkson's album sales have jumped 200% since she announced her support for Ron. Now she can do a benefit in NH!

UPDATE from Travis Holte: "Make that 442%. Must be the LRC boost for her album!"

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:27 PM

My response is below:

The keyboard is mightier than the gun.

Non parit potestas ipsius auctoritatem.

Voluntaryism Forum

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS