Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Comedian Trying to Steal Votes From Ron Paul

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov Posted: Wed, Jan 18 2012 11:13 AM

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/Vox-News/2012/0118/Ron-Paul-Are-his-voters-being-stolen-away-by-Stephen-Colbert

Its too strange to makeup, but the establishment is so scared of Ron Paul, they actually have a comedian who is campagining to try and steal away as many Ron Paul voters.  Bizarre and pathetic.

"As Colbert noted on Monday, South Carolina has an open primary, which means you don’t have to be a preregistered Republican to participate in the GOP vote. He said he’s fishing for “independents, Democrats, college kids, viewers of my show, people who attended my rally, my Twitter followers, my good friends on Reddit, young people of the Internet – stand up and shout!”"

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 391
Points 6,975

He did this back in '08 as well. He isn't targetting Paul, he's just being himself. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 645
Points 9,865
James replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 2:21 PM

I'm pretty sure it's not targeting Paul.

It might inspire a few Democrats who hate Ron Paul's guts, and who otherwise wouldn't have voted at all.

No one votes for Ron Paul casually.  Either they're far more knowledgable about the issues than the average, and therefore very serious and dedicated, or they wouldn't consider voting for him in their wildest dreams, because they've swallowed the propaganda about him being a dangerous crackpot.

(Dangerous because he wants to stop killing, torturing and imprisoning innocent people, but you all know the score...)

You'd think that stopping drug prohibition might inspire them, but the very simple reason why it doesn't, imo, is because prohibition does nothing to actually stop people getting high, just like alcohol prohibition did nothing to stop people getting drunk.  So they don't care.  No one thinks about getting arrested until they do.  People drive drunk all the time.

As for the wars, well...  There's no draft.  'Nuff said.  Personally, I think Ron Paul, or someone like him, would become President very easily if there were.

Cutting off entitlements would actually stop people from getting them...  So if you think entitlements are good - if you're GETTING some sort of entitlement - you'll never vote for Ron Paul.

Non bene pro toto libertas venditur auro
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS