Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Cool Max Keiser clip: irrationality / Freud

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840
vive la insurrection Posted: Tue, Mar 6 2012 2:55 PM

Nothing new here for most of you - but it's a really cool 3 min clip:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=max+keiser+austrian+economics&mid=B6E841E48E2922686491B6E841E48E2922686491&view=detail&FORM=VIRE1

Just some cool things it brings up in short soundbite format:

1) The importance on subjectivity in AE in comparison to other schools of thought

2) The unimportance of math - and why

3) The difference between the "irrational" school of AE vs more traditional looks : this is the most interesting as I think it touches on "proto-Austrianism" and the largely unexplored German subjectivist roots vs our Anglo-American tradition this can touch on things such as:

- The Nietzschean concept of "Dionysian" (irrational) vs the other more "Apollonian" (rational) concepts

- Freud as seen as "unconventional" by most people's thoughts today vs 2nd rate "behavioral" systems that are more accepted in our world.

-perhaps in a way even Modernism (them) vs Post Modernism (us)

Like I said, nothing new - but I just liked the implications thrown out for a 3 min clip; and bringing up another Austrian, and perhaps a good precursor to all this in Freud and the follies of behaviorism.

"As in a kaleidoscope, the constellation of forces operating in the system as a whole is ever changing." - Ludwig Lachmann

"When A Man Dies A World Goes Out of Existence"  - GLS Shackle

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS