Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Super Tuesday

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert Posted: Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:50 PM

I think I'm going to avoid the news til later, which might be hard since I have 2 local stations added on Facebook (at whom I'm bitching at via FB comments).  At 7:23 they post Romney wins Virginia when not even a 1/4th of the votes were in, with an article that says,

Mitt Romney has easily won a poor turnout election in Virginia.

Old Dominion Republicans could choose only between the former Massachusetts governor and Texas Congressman Ron Paul, whose libertarian streak has earned him a dedicated but small following. Former Sen. Rick Santorum and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich both failed to make Virginia's ballot.

Small following?  Really?

Current precints reporting is 63% with 59/41 difference in favor of Romney.  Locally Portsmouth and Suffolk results are not even up and Virginia Beach is only at 18% with a 55/45 difference in favor of Romney.

Anyone in other states want to report some frustrating news as well?

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

This election has been nothing but voter fraud. We know that theres no way the central bankers will allow Dr. Paul to win anywhere. I know NH, Maine and Nevada and possibly Michigan were all fraudulent elections. Virginia looks that way too.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 468
Points 8,085
Wibee replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 10:04 PM

Iti s called early due to trends.  I've got the impression races called early tend to follow through at the end.  Media likes to call it early to be first! 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Points 1,380
caulds989 replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 10:10 PM

I cant decide if I believe that is Obama or not. Is this some leaked conversation I don't know about?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,290

I doubt there was fraud in VA because Dr. Paul got 41% of the vote and VA is probably the first state there would be fraud with the VA GOP establishment and all.  In addition to that, there are a lot of wealthy people in the northern part of VA and I highly doubt many of them would vote for Dr. Paul since exit polls have shown he hasn't done too well with people making $100k or more.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 209
Points 3,595

I am a Ron Paul delegate! I can't believe how this whole system works. At first they crookedly started handing out delegate slots to people based on tradition, public office, etc. After two of those people got in, people objected and they had a real nomination and voting process. My family showed up and my dad and I were voted in. We got 5 Ron Paul supporters out of the 10 slots (probably 6 because my brother is next in line if any drop out, which one guy told me is how he became a delegate in our district 4 years ago). Had we gotten one more person to attend, my other brother would have won the tie he was in.

We are in Juneau, AK which is split into 2 districts. The hardest part about the whole process was finding out where the caucus was being held. That's why there were only about 50 people there. 50 people decided the outcome in the Capitol which has a population of 30,000! Every person who wanted to be a delegate in the other district got in without a vote even being needed! Are you kidding me?!?!?

Check out my video, Ron Paul vs Lincoln! And share my PowerPoint with your favorite neo-con
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 209
Points 3,595

UPDATE: The inside info from the Ron Paul leadership in Alaska is that Paul has 57% of the delegates, and that doesn't include the Paul stronghold of Fairbanks which has its caucus tomorrow.

Check out my video, Ron Paul vs Lincoln! And share my PowerPoint with your favorite neo-con
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 461
Points 8,685

Oh, really? I thought we already knew Paul lost here in the AK?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,310
Heather replied on Thu, Mar 8 2012 12:12 AM

Delegates man, delegates.

Delegates are not bound to what the PPP is, really, the PPP is nothing.

The district captains and supporters have been working pretty dang hard to perfect our plans here and get everybody to pay the insane $250 dollar delegate fee on top of the plane ticket to Anchorage that was put in place just this election to discourage new comers from attending the state convention. I'm pretty thankful that so very many, like Anarcho-Libertarian, was willing to make that commitment. Pretty awesome.

70 people actually showed up to the Juneau caucus. Twice as many as have ever before, the leaders made a list of known Paul supporters in the area and gave it to their friends, telling them to not vote for us, so that kinda messed up the easy win I was expecting, but is certainly the tip of the iceberg of what went on last night. The GOP in Alaska has been especially vicious towards us, even the campaign rep told me just today he has never seen anything like it. But we are still winning. Not just winning, we are pwning. That's why the GOP Alaska State chairman is so scared and lashed out on the phone today when I called to pay the delegate fee, calling us, "Ron Paul anarchists who are messing up the whole system." 

The state convention should be very exciting :)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 445
Points 9,445

Folks should start to exist that a good chunk of the GOP don't agree with Paul, especially on foreign policy, and that a lot of people who are sympathetic towards him in the GOP are probably going to vote for someone like Romney because they wrongly think that Paul can't beat Obama.

Sorry, but Paul isn't winning states because of that, not fraud.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

Paul not winning is due to a combination of GOP fraud and people not liking him.  The fraud is caused by the GOP's fear of Pauls strategy actually being effective.  And, to boot, we will not know until the State conventions take place how accurate the campaign has been tallying delegates at the country level.

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Thu, Mar 8 2012 9:48 AM

When I was walking to my car after I voted there was a guy in the parking lot who was handing out stuff to Ron Paul supporters about the delegates.  If I really feel that motivated to play into it all I might as well go with it.  As far as the popular vote he won my city.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 445
Points 9,445

Well, hopefully the delegate strategy will work out, and I think you guys give the GOP far too much credit.  That and you confuse folks making a lot of e-noise on the intertubes with having the support of the base.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 209
Points 3,595

As Ben Swann explains, Ron Paul may be winning by using the same strategy Ronald Reagan took which almost gave him victory against Gerald Ford (and the internet gives Paul a greater advantage over Reagan):

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 445
Points 9,445
CrazyCoot replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 1:32 PM

Problem is that Ron would have to convince delegates to switch over if there's a brokered convention.  I see him having an influence, but I see delegates from Gingrich, Santorum, or Romney trading with each other as opposed to with Ron.  I'm not optimistic.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS