Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Justin Bieber, The Judge, Telephone Antics and Property Rights

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855
ThatOldGuy Posted: Tue, Mar 27 2012 1:57 PM

Today, this aticle was on AOL:

Justin Bieber Tweets Fake Number, Antagonizes Texas Residents

The two have now hired a lawyer to seek compensation from the teen pop star. According to TMZ the lawyers clients' patience "wears thin" as they have been on the receiving end of more than 1,000 phone calls at all times of day.

Something similar happened when Judge Napolitano's show FreedomWatch was cancelled. Fans of the show starting emailing, and calling the people at FOX News to demand his show back and, I imagine someone was writing for the Judge, the case was made by his facebook profile that such calls amounted to violations of the private property rights held by FOX to their computers and such:

Dear Friends–

Many of you are not happy with the cancellation of FreedomWatch, and you have sent emails to my Fox colleagues expressing that unhappiness. In television, shows are cancelled all the time. Two of my former shows have been cancelled, and after each cancellation, Fox has rewarded me with more and better work. This cancellation–along with others that accompanied it–was the result of a business judgment here, and is completely unrelated to the FreedomWatch message. It would make a world of a difference for all of us, if you would KINDLY STOP SENDING EMAILS TO FOX.

I am well. Your values are strong. I will continue to articulate those values here at Fox. But the emails many of you are sending are unfairly interfering with my work and that of my colleagues here. The emails even violate our values because they interfere with the use of private property. I have accepted the cancellation decision with good cheer and a sense of gearing up for the future. You should as well.

As a favor to me, and as I have asked this past weekend, PLEASE STOP SENDING EMAILS TO MY COLLEAGUES AT FOX ABOUT THE CANCELLATION OF FreedomWatch; and please stop NOW.

All the best, apn.

So what do you think- have private property rights been violated, and are these people entitled to compensation?

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 653
Points 13,185

You know, 2 or 3 times I've come into work and checked my voicemail only to find a 3 minute pre-recorded rant of Napolitano's voice about the constitution or some thing or another.  Now I don't know if he had anything to do with it, but its funny that he would say this, given that.

they said we would have an unfair fun advantage

"enough about human rights. what about whale rights?" -moondog
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855

mikachusetts:
You know, 2 or 3 times I've come into work and checked my voicemail only to find a 3 minute pre-recorded rant of Napolitano's voice about the constitution or some thing or another.  Now I don't know if he had anything to do with it, but its funny that he would say this, given that.

Interesting- could this be a prank by a buddy? Most people doubt that the Judge wrote that status as most celebrities, personalities and so on have people for social media. Most of the comments on that note were something to the effect of "I'm gonna call even more."

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 468
Points 8,085
Wibee replied on Thu, Mar 29 2012 7:08 PM

Is spike lee being sued for tweeting the wrong Zimmerman Address? 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS