Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Property and Claim

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 135
Strawberry Cupcakes Posted: Fri, Apr 13 2012 5:15 PM

I hope one of us can point me to the right direction.

I'm wanting to know if anyone knows of studies or theories that explain how humans are able to claim property. I'm interested heavily in neuroscience research on this topic, but I also realize this is an a priori dominated community; however, I feel it’s in all our best interest to know how we come to have this ability.

Thanks,

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Strawberry Cupcakes:
I'm wanting to know if anyone knows of studies or theories that explain how humans are able to claim property. I'm interested heavily in neuroscience research on this topic, but I also realize this is an a priori dominated community; however, I feel it’s in all our best interest to know how we come to have this ability.

This is a very confusing phraseology.

First of all you're asking for empirical data ("studies") and hypothetical explanations ("theories"), which are most of the time for intents and purposes basically opposites.

Then you reveal that you're interested in an empirical hard science on the topic, and say you want "to know how we come to have this ability."

What exactly are you asking?  You want resources explaning where human beings get the physiological (and therefore psychological) capacity to create and grasp the concept of property and ownership?  Or are you looking for philosophical justification for the concept?

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS