Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Has anyone heard strange sounds, perhaps from the sky, in the last 6 months?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2012 12:41 AM

I love watching end-of-the-world paranoia videos, don't ask me why, it's like some people have an obsession with slasher flicks. Anyway, so I'm watching the above YouTube video and I just remembered that for about a month in February and March of this year (approximate) I was hearing the weirdest sound in the middle of the night outside my apartment complex.

It sounded like it was coming broadly from the horizon but it also sounded nearby. This was very puzzling to me. The nature of the sound invoked the image of some kind of compacting machine compacting stuff. It was interspersed with loud bangs that sounded like the loud clangs when a garbage truck is emptying a large dumpster. It would go on for probably thirty minutes and sometimes it would happen more than once in a night. I kept meaning to walk over to see where this large industrial plant must be because every day I drive past the direction from which the noise was emanating and I've never seen any kind of complex that would be consistent with the broad noise I was hearing. There was no "spookiness" to the sound. It just sounded like really loud industrial machinery interspersed with banging.

Anyway, after watching this video, it struck me that perhaps I was hearing the same kind of phenomenon that other people have recorded in the above video. There is a YouTube video online from the city I live in recording strange sounds from the sky, though the sounds are different than the ones I was hearing every night and recorded earlier (back in 2011).

Has anyone else on this forum heard these strange sounds emanating from the sky or other improbable locations any time over the last 6 months or so? I would love to hear about them if you have.

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

I've seen a couple of these videos.  It is this.

It is inevitable, you know.

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 3:16 AM

Badass - but the Kraken could easily take one or more of those Reapers

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 76
Points 1,215
gamma_rat replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 3:37 AM

Not lately, but it reminds me of when they were building train tunnels under my school about ten years ago.  There were regular seismic rumblings and shakings, and it was difficult to identify the source of the construction noise, as it was coming from underground.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." - Sir Humphrey Appleby
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS