Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Remembering Christopher Hitchens

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 239
Points 5,820
The Texas Trigger Posted: Thu, Apr 26 2012 9:47 PM

This probably should have gone on the low content thread but I want your thoughts and I thought, since it is the end of the month, that my post would be so far back that no one would see it. 

Here is the vid. Dont know how to imbed these. Is it possible? 

http://www.vanityfair.com/video/2012/04/1573674109001

I am a christian and an Austrian. I know there are mixed views here on the whole religion thing so I usually just dont bring it up here. The reason I do this time is because, despite Hitchens' hatred for people of faith, and some of his views on Iran and Iraq, I still just love the guy. I don't know why. I think it may be because he is so ballsy and he doesnt mind pissing off anybody (even those who normally agree with him). Haha, at one point in the video he is on real time with bill maher and the audience laughs at some smart ass retort bill gives to Hitchens at which point the audience bursts into laughter. Hitchens' reply: "The audience, which would apparently clap at anything, is frivolous." Whilst flicking them all the bird and saying "Fuck you! Fuck you!" I donno...what do you all think of him? Can you at least enjoy his personality and wit?

Also, are there any figures out there who you feel like you should hate but just love for some reason?

"If men are not angels, then who shall run the state?" 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Just figured I'd throw this in here before everyone started their list.  Theramin Trees did his own kind of tribute:

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS