Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

How would you respond to this?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 186
Points 4,290
TANSTAAFL Posted: Sat, May 5 2012 9:57 AM
Anarchy isn't easy? No, but it's dangerous. Someone has to be in charge of the anarchists and they don't like that much. In the end, anarchy turns on itself and the strongest, most brutal anarchist becomes the dictator or king.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 853
Points 17,830

Like this...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Sat, May 5 2012 10:45 AM

TANSTAAFL:
Anarchy isn't easy? No, but it's dangerous. Someone has to be in charge of the anarchists and they don't like that much. In the end, anarchy turns on itself and the strongest, most brutal anarchist becomes the dictator or king.

Where's the argument here? Can he support his contention that "someone has to be in charge of the anarchists"?

The keyboard is mightier than the gun.

Non parit potestas ipsius auctoritatem.

Voluntaryism Forum

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840

I would tell them to make an argument, or else there can be no response given

"As in a kaleidoscope, the constellation of forces operating in the system as a whole is ever changing." - Ludwig Lachmann

"When A Man Dies A World Goes Out of Existence"  - GLS Shackle

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

I think he is trying to make the point of the communist vangaurd, which can be taken as the capitalist robber baron fear, or, universally, the iron law of oligarchy.  But, he doesn't actually make the point in relation to anarchy "needing" some kind of regulation for the ubermensch that will rise in their particular trades like I think he is hinting at.  If he does make the point, tell him that it is universal to social organization not just anarchy.

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 462
Points 9,480

Just tell him you're not really an anarchist and you want to replace government police with private police.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS