Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Mises PDF Conversion Help

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
hollywoodnights Posted: Sat, May 19 2012 1:40 AM

I've been downloading a lot of the free PDF books from the Mises website; however, converting them to my Kindle's format (.azw) is proving to be somewhat fruitless. The conversion keeps taking the heading information from each page (page number, title, author) and interspersing them throughout the actual paragraphs of the book.

Any ebook users out there want to guide me on what I have to do to correctly format these PDF files?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855

Are the books in which you are interested not available in EPUB so as to convert them to MOBI using calibre? Also, the kindle can display PDF files, just not as adequately as MOBI or EPUB.

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

My Kindle doesn't display EPUB.  I've been using PDF and am going to have to re download virtually everything that I got from Mises.

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855

Revisiting my comment, I misspoke at the end. The kindle doesn't display EPUB. What I've been doing is downloading the EPUB versions available here and converting them to MOBI -the version which the kindle does display- using calibre. This way the font is a readable size and fits to the page.

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Check here for various links to see what's possible...

Best e-reader for PDF book reading?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Nielsio replied on Sat, May 19 2012 9:06 PM

I use Calibre (in Linux) to convert epub to txt, to more efficiently print it on paper.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS