Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Hans Hoppe's new book "Competition of Crooks" - where can i buy this?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 132
Points 2,780
JH2011 Posted: Fri, Jun 1 2012 12:56 PM

I recently read an interview with Hans Hermann Hoppe about his new book “The Competition of Crooks."

Does anyone know where I can purchase this book in English?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855

I can't say where it is available in English, but here's a pretty good interview of Hoppe regarding the book:

Professor Hoppe’s new book: Der Wettbewerb der Gauner (“The Competition of Crooks”)

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 9:48 PM

"There are two important works that have not been translated (and that have only been partially incorporated into my later English writings):

1) Kritik der kausalwissenschaftlichen Sozialforschung. Untersuchungen zur Grundlegung von Soziologie und Oekonomie
and
2) Eigentum, Anarchie und Staat. Studien zur Theorie des Kapitalismus

Both are currently out of print, but will be brought back into print in the course of this year by Holzinger, the publisher of my recent little book "Wettbewerb der Gauner. Ueber das Unwesen der Demokratie und den Ausweg in die Privatrechtsgeselllschaft."

..."The new edition will be in German only, and I am not aware of anyone interested in translations. There will be a new typeset and a new introduction and the former endnotes of the Kritik will be converted into footnotes."

— Hans-Hermann Hoppe

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855

That's it! I'm learning German.

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,945
Points 36,550

That second one Conza listed has an intriguing title...

"What Stirner says is a word, a thought, a concept; what he means is no word, no thought, no concept. What he says is not what is meant, and what he means is unsayable." - Max Stirner, Stirner's Critics
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS