Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Madness - right wing nutjobs take over NY Times

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous Posted: Mon, Jun 25 2012 4:46 AM

That's the only explanation for this article which describes the workings of a (partially)-privatized city:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/business/a-georgia-town-takes-the-peoples-business-private.html?_r=1&ref=business&pagewanted=all

Of course, not fully privatized, as the government still collects taxes and chooses the contractors, but interesting nonetheless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,687
Points 22,990
Bogart replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 8:28 AM

And the biggest problem is NOT that the whole thing is based upon corruption and the residents are worse off being under the thumb of some far away company, but that this model is so good that it will create two Americas one where the poor folks are stuck under the thumbs of giant urban bureaucracies and one where the wealthy are under the lighter thumb (Except for police because private police can not ensure themselves against malfeasance.) of a patronized public-corporate bureaucracy.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 11:32 AM

You lost me there. Was that a parody?

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,687
Points 22,990
Bogart replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 1:21 PM

Yes, in a breif time I was trying to point out the problem the NYT mentioned that just jumped out at me for how stupid it is.  As usual the NYT in their quest to provide info-tainment has proven yet again that they have zero sensibilities in the areas of both morality and economics.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS