Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Efficient Markets Hypothesis (EMH) links

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James Posted: Wed, Jul 11 2012 9:00 PM

Ten Things I Hate About the Efficient Markets Hypothesis

My Response to John Cochrane (Who Was Responding to Krugman)

Of Course Investors Can Beat the Market - Stefan Karlsson - Mises Daily

Economists Can Be Hilarious - Robert P. Murphy - Mises Daily

Given our dismal reputation, I am happy to report that some economists' recent defenses of the efficient-markets hypothesis are laugh-out-loud funny. Watch EMH economists try to defend their theory from either refutation or triviality.

Bursting Eugene Fama's Bubble - Robert P. Murphy - Mises Daily

Fama seems to think he has just defused the critics of the EMH, but I don't see how. All Fama has demonstrated is that the people who bought overvalued assets didn't realize they were buying overvalued assets at the time. No kidding.

Following the Efficient-Markets Hypothesis into Absurdity - Robert P. Murphy - Mises Daily

Most Austrians stop short of following Chicago School economists' advocacy of the "efficient-markets hypothesis" (EMH). In its most extreme form, the EMH becomes a caricature of itself in which asset bubbles are not just unlikely but logically impossible.

What is a Bubble?, Arnold Kling | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty

Why do prices keep changing - The Mises Community

An online community for fans of Austrian economics, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Heads EMH Wins, Tails Its Opponents Lose

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS