Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Resources for economics course / h.s. / community ed... and specifically Great Depression material

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
3 Posts
Points 60
bnut1234 posted on Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:47 PM

Hi, I teach a course at a private college that is on the level of a community college as far as the econ course. I've got a few video resources that I use, but I'm curious about some that are short (can be up to an hour), and to the point, that promote the Austrian school. 

Specifically, if possible, if there is something related to the story of the Great Depression.

I use currently:

-Fed, Money and Banking (?) from this site

-Free to Choose - on the market, but I clearly don't want to use the vid on the depression, and they're somewhat slow...

Thanks for any sorts of resources...

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
6,953 Posts
Points 118,135

Yeah good economics film films aren't easy to come by. 

Check out: Documentaries with an Austrian touch.

I don't know of any feature length that focus on the Great Depression, but here's a good playlist.

Other video resources can be found in the Guides and Knowledge thread, and a full list is found in the Ultimate meta thread.

Obviously Lessons for the Young Economist (and the teacher's manual) offer a great text resource.  Other good supplements are Murphy's other books:

The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Great Depression and the New Deal,

The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS