Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Have your friends try http://www.isidewith.com/ !!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous Posted: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:52 PM

http://www.isidewith.com/

I have heard stories of large portions of classrooms coming out of a class period of using the app asking "who is Gary Johnson?" This can only help! Johnson is no Paul (and certainty no Rothbard!), but having the students begin to question is a good thing!

• | Post Points: 125
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

For a second I thought somebody was posing as you and spamming under your name, haha.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 151
Points 2,705

98% Gary Johnson and 92% Libertarian

Too bad they left out the candidates that weren't nominated. I'm pretty sure I'd be even closer to Ron Paul but given the current candidates, I'd say that's accurate. Thanks for the nice little quiz. I love these things - just to get another perspective of where I stand. See if I'm being consistent, etc. Seems I've evolved. In 2008 I was surprised to see from one of these quizzes that I was closer to McCain than Ron Paul, but I was less mature and less informed then. :) And it was a different quiz.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Just did it. 98% Johnson. My Dad got 91% Johnson, as he made some more conservative choices.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110
gotlucky replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:06 PM

My results:

Gary Johnson: 99%

Virgil Goode: 69%

Mitt Romney: 56%

Barack Obama: 8%

Amusing.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Points 6,740
Groucho replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:08 AM

100% Gary Johnson - all issues
62% Mittens - economic, science, environmental issues (BS by the way)
4% Barry - side with him on zero major issues (this one is accurate)

The 100% surprised me. Johnson says do away with national borders? Legalize all drugs and free anyone in jail for drug crimes? All he's missing is a consistent record.

An idealist is one who, on noticing that roses smell better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup. -H.L. Mencken
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,258
Points 34,610
Anenome replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:15 AM

What's this 8% Obama agrees with me on, drug legalization or ?

Autarchy: rule of the self by the self; the act of self ruling.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

Obama isn't pro-legalization.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Even though he smoked pot and "maybe did a little blow."

What a toad.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 151
Points 2,705

"What's this 8% Obama agrees with me on, drug legalization or ?"

I think you can click on the candidate and it will tell you what Obama would say on each of the questions vs. what you said.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Points 6,740
Groucho replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:41 AM

The quiz seems to  rank agreement according to which candidates you have the least amount of disagreement with. I clicked on Johnson and his position on drugs was "legalize tax and regulate marijuana" (not eliminating all drug laws); his position on global warming was to "provide incentives" for clean energy (not keeping government out of it altogether); he favored "reforming" medicare (not dismantling it).

Basically, he is the "least offensive" of the 5 candidates.

An idealist is one who, on noticing that roses smell better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup. -H.L. Mencken
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Don't forget about his position on the whole Kony 2012 BS campaign and his endorsement of "humanitarian wars."

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Points 6,740
Groucho replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:28 AM

Oh yeah, that too.

Isn't it amazing that people as creepy as Darth Vader Charles Krauthammer (who looks Hitler, Himmler, and Goebbels all rolled into one) is, he's treated with anything other than contempt and disgust? Since 9/11 it's been like watching the Nazi party unfold before our very eyes.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Wow.

You know, this is why I've lost pretty much all faith in the Libertarian Party. Konkin was right, it really is just the statist way of convincing people that "liberty is limited government."

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 867
Points 17,790
Sphairon replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:46 PM

Either this is a strange quiz or Gary Johnson has strange stances on issues.

My answers were pretty statist all in all (no to illegal immigration, yes to government science funding, no to drilling etc.) and Johnson still came out ahead with 83%. To be fair, Jill Stein came in second at 73%.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Points 6,740
Groucho replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:53 PM

Makes you wonder how impartial the quiz is. . .

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

I sent the link to my TA for my class "intro to college", saying this looks like a useful tool. He asked me whether he could forward it to the entire class and I  laughed as I typed out my reply, because THAT WAS MY INTENTION ALL ALONG!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 5,000

A child becomes an adult when he leaves home and is able to support himself; a freshman becomes a member of the academic community when he figures out how to manipulate the TA...

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 3
Points 30
Aaron replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:47 PM

99% Gary

1% Obammy

I found that a few of the questions lacked a snarky ancap view under "choose another stance", but it does FAR better than most other political quizzes in that regard.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

gary

“Since people are concerned that ‘X’ will not be provided, ‘X’ will naturally be provided by those who are concerned by its absence."
"The sweetest of minds can harbor the harshest of men.”

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.org

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 151
Points 2,705

I'm glad it helped me pick a Senate candidate but I wish it included local elections. I've been admittedly lazy with researching them. :(

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

96% jary johnson

62% rock anderson, jill stein, mitt romney

54% barack obama.

also hi, im new here.

and i guess i should clarify that 54% obama, im not really ideologically libertarian. more like a utilitarian liberal who thinks more liberty is the right way to go for now. ive been reading the free "economic sophisms" by bastiat on my phone and i definite like alot he has to say so far.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Welcome to the forums. Don't worry, you'll get nothing but cures here, no germs!

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590

I already know who I side with, so I don't need some website telling me. cheeky

The keyboard is mightier than the gun.

Non parit potestas ipsius auctoritatem.

Voluntaryism Forum

Page 1 of 1 (24 items) | RSS