Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Are You Not Entertained?!

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 233
Points 5,375
thetabularasa Posted: Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:22 PM

This is strictly for your enjoyment. It's entertaining to see how the further they are proved wrong, representatives become more automated and machine-like in their responses. I often wonder if they actually believe their own lies. Can Harry Reid truly believe that taxes are simultaneously voluntary and involuntary?

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 38
Points 655
SoNowThen replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:43 PM

From my experience dealing with pathological liars, yes, they truly believe their own lies. Like a form of self-hypnosis to protect the structural integrity of one's world view. But I suppose we all do this to some extent, even in ways that are healthy. I'm not saying what Harry does here is normal/healthy, but I guess it's along the spectrum of predictable human behavior.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 233
Points 5,375

Amazing how in denial he is. The interviewer is spot on.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 228
Points 3,640
Blargg replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 10:55 PM

Why is it so hard to understand? In the USA you can choose to get the proper tax form, fill it out, and pay, or you can choose to not do that. Your doing the former is entirely voluntary! You have a choice, unlike in other countries where you don't even get that money. Why is it so hard to see that this is voluntary, and that you get more choice here? </sarcasm>

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 254
Points 5,500

Blargg:

Why is it so hard to understand? In the USA you can choose to get the proper tax form, fill it out, and pay, or you can choose to not do that. Your doing the former is entirely voluntary! You have a choice, unlike in other countries where you don't even get that money. Why is it so hard to see that this is voluntary, and that you get more choice here? </sarcasm>

Haven't been on here in months, but this was a great video!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 233
Points 5,375

triknighted:

Blargg:

Haven't been on here in months, but this was a great video!

Yep, had to share. Surprised more people haven't checked it out yet.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS