Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

California wants an emergency loan to continue government operations

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 783
Points 14,645
ryanpatgray Posted: Fri, Oct 3 2008 9:40 AM

Here is the article:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-calif3-2008oct03,0,5726760.story?track=rss

I am an eklektarchist not an anarchist.

Educational Pamphlet Mises Group

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 15,105

The state of California is the biggest of several governments nationwide that are being locked out of the bond market by the global credit crunch. If the state is unable to access the cash, administration officials say, payments to schools and other government entities could quickly be suspended and state employees could be laid off.

And the downside is???

I think its just the rich and powerful lining up to get their cut of the helicopter drop.

Oh, clicky link to the article.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 783
Points 14,645

Anonymous Coward:

The state of California is the biggest of several governments nationwide that are being locked out of the bond market by the global credit crunch. If the state is unable to access the cash, administration officials say, payments to schools and other government entities could quickly be suspended and state employees could be laid off.

And the downside is???

I think its just the rich and powerful lining up to get their cut of the helicopter drop.

Oh, clicky link to the article.

The downside is people may realize that they can live without the state. They might find out that anarachy does not equal chaos. That is the downside, from the point of view of state employees.

I am an eklektarchist not an anarchist.

Educational Pamphlet Mises Group

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 15,105

ryanpatgray:
The downside is people may realize that they can live without the state. They might find out that anarachy does not equal chaos. That is the downside, from the point of view of state employees.

Nah, they'll get the money.

Nobody in their right mind would piss off the Californian voters a month before the presidential election.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS